Today was an interesting day. This morning was my second u/s and b/w during stims. It was a different doctor. The good thing, she was slowly telling the nurse the sizes of my follicles, so I managed to count them. I have 11 follicles ranging in sizes from 0.9 to 1.2 (I think it refers to mm, but would not bet on it), but she said that I have a "bunch" of small ones on both ovaries, so I guess that's where the 5 other follicles that the doctor saw on Tuesday. I was also told that I have to start cetrotide at 8 p.m. today. The whole procedure took about an hour, so I was hurrying out to get to work. This morning the temperature dipped to -15. I had to take menopur with me and was afraid that it will be too cold for it, so I put it in my insulated lunch bag where I had my oatmeal which I just made. I leave my shoes, clothes and lunch bag in the change room and only carry around my purse. So, I was running out and into the subway to go to the office (it would take me about 20-10 min to walk, which time I didn't have). I was standing on the platform when I realized that I forgot my lunch bag together with my medication in the change room. Of course, once I told DH, his comment was that he was surprise I didn't forget my head, yep I tend to do that.
The other hurdle was that I realized that ER is going to be next week. I asked around and figured that a good proposed day would be next week Wednesday. I got a call from the clinic that I am to continue with menopur and start cetrotide, did my shot in the lady's room (again) and started thinking on what to tell my boss. I was so stressed out that I didn't even have my lunch, plus I don't think my stomach is reacting nicely to all the drugs in my system. Well, I worked up the nerve and told him that I just got a call from the hospital (the clinic is part of a hospital) and that my doctor is going to be schedule a surgery next week, just not sure for which day as they are waiting for cancellation. I told him not to tell any other people in the office, as I didn't want to respond to any questions or get into any explanations. He told me 5 times that if I don't want to, I do not even need to tell him what is going on. Of course, I didn't!!! I also told him that I need to take drugs at 8 p.m. and that I had to be out of there by 6:30 p.m. (which, is somewhat early for me). So, now that's taken care of.
The next thing was cetrotide. It doesn't have a nice q-cap that menopur has, and I was freaking out about mixing it. Plus, the brochure that I was given for cetrotide and instructions that came with the medication, all said that I have to get some air into the syringe, a small amount 0.1 cc, so that all of the drug would get out, as the air would stay in the needle. DH said absolutely no air and left the house to go to a meeting, so I was freaking out about that too. Boy was I freaking out about the wrong thing. I mixed it with big needle no problem. I did have some air inside the way they said (although it doesn't have grading so hard to say what is 0.1 cc). I did the shot, which didn't hurt as much, and then the problems started!!!
OMG what do they put in there???? It didn't hurt as much going in (menopur hurts much more), but thereafter... first I had to put a bandage because the little needle hole didn't stop bleeding (I've never had that with menopur). Then I had to get out of the house to run some errands, so I put my jeans and i could feel my tummy itching and slightly burning. When I got back home and looked I had a pretty large red spot. So remembering some of recommendations on the fertility forum, I took some ice cubes and tried to ice the red spot for a good 20 minutes, the redness went away somewhat, but some of the burning remained for much longer. And I have to take this drug every night until the trigger!!!! Needles, needles, needles!!!
Hi! more shots more shots... I'm doing 3/day! My tummy is so sore from them all :-P
ReplyDeleteI think that Canada and US have different measurements. We use mm to measure the follies, I'm guessing yours are cm. I'm not even sure about the estrogen!?
Glad to hear your follies are growing. I think I may do ER next Wednesday too!