Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stims - Day 6 (waiting for pain)

Am I crazy? I got into my head that if the follicles are growing, they should hurt. So, I am waiting for pain to start, and to go further, I am willing the pain to start. Who would do such a thing? I am happy when I can feel minor pangs of pain where I think my ovaries are, but those pangs are pretty rare, and I am constantly thinking whether the drugs are working.

Today, I decided to give DH a break by not waking him up at 6:30 a.m. to give me my shot (yep, did it myself), plus took my mom's car and drove myself to the train, and then to the doctor's office. I've read a note at the clinic which said that it will be closed from 24th of December to January 4, and if a patient needs to get their beta results they should provide the clinic the number of their family doctor. The problem is that since we started TTC (4 years ago), I haven't been at my family doctor, plus we moved north, the office hours are not great and it's hard to get a hold of someone (the line is usually busy). So I made an appointment at a family practice 2 min drive from my house. I spent 2 min with the doctor, told him the problem and he even gave me a requisition for a pregnancy test. Yei!!! He also told me that I can just call the office to get the results. So at least that's done with, check! one less thing to worry about.

The rest of the evening I spent with my niece and nephew as my sis is away, we lighted all candles today with my 3.5 year old niece as today is the last day of Chanukah. And to be honest, I've seen plenty of miracles on the fertility forum I am following. My SIL also came by with my two nephews, so we had a full house :).
When I got home, DH and I lighted candles at our house, and I just sat there watching the flames, so peaceful. DH was by my side and I was imagining little ones running around in our kitchen... I am hoping it's not just my imagination, but a vision from the not so distant future... we are so ready for you, our little one(s) ....

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better I felt no pain whatsoever and ended up with 19 eggs. I started to get super super bloated though around my 7th day of stims... and it has yet to go down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't usually have much pain until almost near the end of stims!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls, it does make me feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete