Did I tell you that I love my parents? They are the best and the coolest. Since, I was a teen all our (my sis' and my) friends loved to hang out at our house and loved my parents too. My mom is amazing, she is such a positive person. She has been a great support, especially when I found out that not so good info regarding my little embie. She is the reason why I am positive and not losing hope. In the past two weeks, my parents came over almost every other day. They do worry. Not that they will not be grandparents, as they are (my sis has 2 kids), but they worry about me and the toll IVF has on me both emotionally and physically. My dad is actually a joker (and so is my DH) and trying to make jokes of the entire process, but since I've known him for 30 years (yep, I am that old), I can see behind that facade and how worried he actually is. I'll always be my daddy's little girl, and I love him for that.
I hope that one day my kids can write something similar about DH and I, how cool we are and how much they love us and can't live without us. I keep hoping and praying that the little "bean" is making himself(or herself) at home and sticking around for the next 9 months. It is 5dp3dt and I am not losing it yet, but do wish that I could know for sure...
As a little aside, I did talk to the clinic today, the nurse told me that the bloating, cramping, pain and nausea are the result of medication taken during the cycle and retrieval plus the progesterone pills. She said that even after all liquid is taken out of the follicles at retrieval, it is immediately replaced by the body, so my ovaries are still enlarged, hence the pain. AND that it can take up to TWO months for it to get better, unless I get pregnant... :) Well, when you put it this way, I DO NOT want the symptoms to go away just yet (my pregnant friends are probably saying, be careful what you wish for LOL).
AHHHHHH When are you giving in and testing?? I know it's only 8dpo I know thats not the right term but ya know. Or are you being good and holding out till blood test?
ReplyDeleteIt's very early now, so I am holding tight :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I hope that you are too :) Sounds like you have a wonderful support system and that is wonderful ... it makes a huge difference... feel better (but be pregnant!)
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
How wonderful that you have such a fantastic support system! I really hope that your kid(s) get to make the same loving statements about their parents as well. :-) How DO you feel about POAS? I could never do it....I always waited until blood test, and people thought I was crazy....lol! Much luck you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. ICLW #82
Your parents sound amazing!!
ReplyDeleteDon't POAS until at least 7pd3dt even then you can risk getting a false positive from the trigger shot.
I did POAS at 7dp3dt and got a very very very faint positive, but to this day I am not sure if it was the positive or the tail end of the trigger, when I tested at 9dp3dt I got a stronger positive.
But saying that depending on the test you use, you could get a false negative, the beta is the best test.
Sending you lots of sticky vibes!!
Love that your parents are so supportive. No matter how old we get, it's amazing how much their opinions matter.
ReplyDeleteHope those embies hold tight!
I just wanted to come back and thank you for the wonderful comment you left! I worry about Nathan a lot and I really do think he is somewhere on the spectrum but not classic autism. It's hard. A lot of ways I feel like I failed him... but I know I do everything I can for him. He is an amazing little boy though too. He is an amazing little soul! Anyway, again, thanks for the kind comment and reading some of our journey!
ReplyDeleteThats awesome you have such supportive parents! You are very blessed! I am praying for you that lil bean sticks!
ReplyDeleteDo you think your going to POAS??