This morning I was very nervous. I sang (quietly) while taking a shower, to keep my mind from thinking of what is going to be said today during my u/s. The clinic was pretty empty (as they triggered close to 10 people yesterday). I told the nurse that I want DH in with me during u/s as I would not handle any bad news. So he was siting right by my side when the doctor started giving out the numbers. She started with 2.2 and i thought, "Oh Oh the 2 cm one grew again", then was 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 and then I think a few at 1.1 and 1.3 or 1.4. The doctor (same as yesterday) look at me and DH and said that yesterday my RE said that if they would not get 4 good ones today, they will be canceling the cycle, BUT she sees 4 good follicles today. YEI!!! She was telling us that if we have a drug plan and didn't spend too much money we could still cancel and do a next round with another mix of drugs, that because I had 30 follicles at the start, they gave me a very low amount of stims. Well, we paid for drugs out of our pocket, so there was no way we were canceling this cycle. She was saying that they will probably would not get more than 4 mature eggs, and that no all mature eggs will fertilize, and not all fertilized eggs will divide and grow, so we should be ready for that. I told her that we know the odds and we are ok with it. DH nodded. I am in such an optimistic place of mind that there is no space for negative thoughts. We are in the game, the cycle is continuing!!!! Then she said that they'll call me with the time to trigger, but there is a small possibility that they might want me to stim for another day and trigger tomorrow.
We left Mount Sinai and went pretty much straight for my acupuncture appointment. Yesterday, I called her to tell her the bad news, and she was very worried when I got in today, and extremely happy that we are going ahead. She is an amazing woman, who can put me at easy. She prepared me for ER and released stress. I have been feeling so calm and mellow for the entire day today. The good thing is that after the meltdown yesterday and an acupuncture today, I am completely not stressing out about ER, I don't have any rashes of panic that gripped me last night and this morning. Although, when we were driving from the cinic, I finally realized that we are doing it, and there is a very very big chance that we are going to have a baby!!! The thought made me cry (but happy cry) and DH was worried a bit.
So, I got the call as I was driving from the acupuncture appointment. We are to trigger tonight at 11 p.m. (I wanted to tell the nurse that it was past my bed time, as last night I felt asleep at 10 p.m., but then decided against it), and we are due at the clinic at 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday (me not drinking or eating from midnight, but at 6 a.m. taking an antibiotic pill with just a few sips of water).
I've done the shot at exactly 11:00 p.m., started mixing it 10 minutes before and was ready by 10:59 p.m. (they did say to be exact). I've packed the rest of the syringes and needles to take back to the hospital as this was my LAST needle!!! It is finally coming to a first break point.
I am bloated and feel constant pressure below the belly button. I also feel pain in my ovaries but it comes and goes, with the worst when I walk or move, and it gets worse during the evening. I just need to hang on for one more day.
The plan is that I will work tomorrow, and then take at least Tuesday and Wednesday off (not sure about Thursday), but Friday would be ET (if I calculated correctly), so I'll need to have Friday off, and then would come back to the office on Sunday, and the following week will be a week before Xmas and my boss will be flying out. Which should work out perfectly for me to hopefully have a small number of stressful days.
I am so stinkin excited for you!!!!
ReplyDelete