Thursday, December 23, 2010

6dp3dt

I am at 6 days now, and for the past day or two my little embie is in a blastocyst stage and is attaching itself deep into my uterine lining to begin implantation. I am telling it to burrow deep and hold on tight! Burrow, burrow, burrow, burrow!!!

The good think is that after today, my long weekend is pretty full. DH is going skiing tomorrow and I am invited to my cousins for dinner, and later to my SIL's house with my sis to discuss new years plans. [as an aside: New Year celebration is a very very very big deal for me. We celebrated it since I was little. It's not connected to any religion, but a great reason for a party and to stay up until the morning!] On Saturday DH and his partners are having a holiday dinner for their company. On Sunday a friend of mine is turning 30, so we are invited to a Russian restaurant with lots of food, dancing and booze (I guess, I'll be holding the same wine glass for the entire evening, and no dancing). So my hibernation plan is not going to work out as I planned, but I still might do it on Monday!

The only other thing is that I've been feeling very emotional today - sad and teary. We went to a few stores to buy 2 gifts for secret santa, and for some reason I couldn't pass anything baby related without getting teary. Imagine a beautiful tree ornament which says "Baby's first Christmas!" Awwwww. I thought I was passed that very long time ago!!! And just now, was watching Ace of Cakes - love that show, and then there was a commercial of McD's and they were talking about kids and dad, and I just started crying. I really hope that my little baby is burrowing in and staying for a while, don't know how girls can go through this a number of times. But, just writing about my emotions, makes it sooo much easier - I feel better already!

On the subject of POAS - I just don't know, yet. My mood is swinging like a pendulum from one extreme to another - one day I am happy and positive, the other day I think that it can't possibly work, and other days like today, I just don't know and I am sad. I was thinking I'll be more excited during the holidays, hmmm. So DH does want me to POAS, I was thinking may be Christmas morning- it is a time of miracles and great energy (and since Chanukah is long gone, this is the only one I can place my hopes on), but then it's only going to be 8dp3dt. So what will I take from it? If it's going to be positive - I'll suspect that it might be the end tail of the HCG shot, and if it is negative - I'll be thinking that it is too early. The worst part is that ALL labs are closed on the 28th in my vicinity there might be one open in another city but I'll have to check that. [Sarah, thank you getting the info to me and trying to help - really appreciate it!] So, I was talking to DH and we decided may be it's for a reason I cannot do a test on the 28th, and have to wait for 29th (12dp3dt), as the embie was just so tiny, it might need more days to let me know he/she is sticking around for 9 months. And that's another reason, why I am really on the fence about POAS. So stay tuned.... :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT weekend! I am crossing my fingers that you get your Christmas miracle! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a trigger shot can stay in your body for up to 10 days so as long as you wait that 10 days your test should come our correctly. At least with the trigger shot, not counting if you do it to early.

    Hang in there girl. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the mixed emotions... one min I'm positive and the next I'm thinking its not going to work.

    Let just try to have posive thoughts and really enjoy ourselves this holiday... no POAS! LOL

    ReplyDelete