Friday, December 3, 2010

Stims - Day 1

Well, I did it!!! I woke up, made myself breakfast, ate a banana, mixed (or as they call it "reconstituted") menopur and.... poked myself with a needle!!! I was holding my tummy so hard that I didn't even feel the needle going in. I only felt some pain when I was injecting menopur. The result - I have one tiny red spot on my tummy and I guess its the first one of many . I'll be in a competition with my acupuncturist - who can stick more needles in me :) And later in the day as I was going over the events of this morning in my head, it hit me - we are actually doing this! In about 3-4 weeks, my eggs will finally meet DH's sperm and we will finally make a baby, and I'll be pregnant!!! (positive thoughts, people, positive thoughts)

So, for the entire day I felt some cramping and dull pain in my ovaries, and I was thinking that it is probably all in my head since it was way to early for the drugs to kick in and actually have an effect. And then... surprise, surprise, AF showed up!!! Why? I finished BCP 5 days ago, an was thinking that this 5 day period between the last BCP and injections is to allow for AF. I guess I was wrong. Go figure... I am contemplating whether to call the clinic or not, they did say that it might or might not start.... It is kind of early (with my regular cycle, I would have had it a week to ten days from now), but I guess IVF procedure is full of surprises.

On the other hand, it explains the weird mood swings that I've been having for the past couple of days - PMS - ha! I am sad that I am alone, I am pissed at my boss for first telling me to work on Sunday (I usually do, but I asked him not to this week), then that it's ok to work from home and then again the he needs me in. I am usually a pretty calm and professional at work, but I think even the boss was aware of my displeasure. I do need a new job!!!!

I was considering being a nice girl and telling him of my "surgery" ahead of time, but now I am pissed, so all he will get is a 36 or 24 hour notice (after I get my trigger shot). It's hard, as nobody at the office knows what I am going through, plus the boss himself doesn't have kids and is very critical of other professionals who spend more time with their kids rather than work. Uhm-uhm. I know, you'll ask me what the hell am I still doing there, but it is a great experience, plus I figured if I get pregnant, I'll just work for 9 months, and then look for another job after maternity, not that I am not looking now, but so far, no call backs. Anyway, now my priority is this procedure, so tomorrow, I'll be up at 6:30 a.m. to do the shot, and those who know me, know that this will be a colossal task for me, as Saturday is the only day I can sleep in, so I rarely get up before 10 or 11 a.m. Hoping my mood will improve a bit, now that AF is actually here.

1 comment:

  1. Just take your shot and go back to bed! I hope this is it for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete