Thursday, December 30, 2010

And its official....

I called the emergency number at the clinic first a receptionist was kind enough (after I told her my dilemma) to page a doctor on call, and then a doctor called back almost right away. I explained to her that I did the test as was required and that my doctor has not received the results, and that I cannot get a straight answer from anybody at Mt. Sinai lab, and that I only have enough progesterone for tonight, that the test in the morning was negative, but that I don't want to base my decision on that. She took pity on me, and even though she didn't have access to my file, she called the lab and after confirming my information with me, she told me that the results came back negative - with beta being less than 1. She said she was very sorry, but I held up pretty good. I already knew the results, so it wasn't such a blow. She asked if we had any frosties, and after I told her - unfortunately no, I think she felt even worse.

But, I've decided that for now, I'll try to maintain my blog, as we haven't moved far enough from where we started. I might not do it every day, as I've been doing it, but it is therapeutic for me too. So for now, to all my followers (and those who are lurking) I'll be honoured if you continue my journey with me.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss!! I know how hard it is to get that negative. Don't feel like you have to blog everyday. It may be necessary to take some time off and theraputic! I know I've taken lots of breaks on this journey... especially with a BFN!

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers... I will still be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry (hugs)

    Keep blogging, it will really help over the weeks and months to come.

    take some time for you and your husband, I found that little breaks really help, have sex because you want to, not because you have to, enjoy spending time together without having to plan for the next treatment.

    I will be here following you through the next part of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I was so sure this was it.

    Know I'm here if you need to talk. Ill be looking forward to where you plan to go next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. :-( I was really pulling for you. I will definitely continue to follow your journey and will be praying that your baby dreams come true soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I'm so very sorry this embryo didn't stick for you!

    I think we can all understand not feeling up to blogging every day but definitely keep at it for the therapeutic effect and to keep in touch with the rest of us. I will definitely keep checking in to see how you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so sorry to hear your news. I hope you are able to start a new cycle soon in the new year. I will definitely continue to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I am so very sorry! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all the best in 2011!!! May 2011 bring you joy and happiness and may you be ringing in 2012 with a new baby in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete