Today is kind of a slow day - everything is closed!
I did get some sleep, which is good. We had breakfast at my sis' mad house (with all 4 of my niece and nephews there, plus my 12 y.o. brother, and a little dog my sis is dogsitting). The plan is pretty simple for today start cleaning the house plus laundry, and then a party for DH's company.
I found this on one of the infertility forums and liked it, so decided to share with you (I put in italics my responses) Enjoy!
FELLOW PUPOS - You might have 2WW syndrome if you have one or more of the following symptoms.
Symptoms
Familiarity with the acronym POAS and using it frequently in a messageboard setting. (yep!)
Repeated questioning about when to take a home pregnancy test (HPT) while knowing the answer. (ha-ha, my question is to pee or not to pee)
Wishing hCG will go away fast then come back even quicker. (yes, that's for sure)
Stockpiling evil test kits. (nope, not a big fan)
Complete disinterest of anything unrelated to an IVF or pregnancy Google search. (100% true)
Knowing what 6dp3dt means. (again 100% true)
Persistant dreams about two red lines. (no, just weird dreams)
Urinembryophobia - the fear of peeing out embryos. (surprisingly, never had that, i guess the comment about the uterus being like a peanut butter sandwich with an embie securely snuggled inside really stuck with me)
Possible desire for 10 days of bed rest or hibernation. (oh, yes hibernation or coma or anything away from reality)
Being wished 'sticky thoughts' by complete strangers. (ha-ha, again very true)
Obsessive analysis of every body twinge. (yep, guilty of that too)
Being certain of pregnancy signs at any given moment. (yep, can always find those)
Being certain of a negative result the next minute. (oh, that's true too)
Not sure if one should laugh or cry, for no reason whatsoever. (yes, ask DH I am acting completely irrational - well more than usual0
The desire to hide from in-laws. (just not that keen on seeing my MIL right now)
Belief that some food groups conspire to attack embryos. (I think I am over that one, as i finally had chocolate (just to make me feel emotionally better))
Talking to a higher power, even if not religious. (I think we all pray and hope and wish}
Hope you had an amazing day! I know we were shocked to see that everything was closed! I hope the next few days pass quickly and 2011 brings you a sweet little baby and tons more joy than you could have ever imagined. Lots of love from ICLW #110!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your post!!! I'm so guilty!!! Merry Christmas!! Thanks for making me laugh and lifting my spirits! I needed that!
ReplyDelete