In the first three days the embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula, then the cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst and by day three, the blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell. I've decided that since my baby was only a 3 cell when it was returned "home", I am giving my little baby an extra day, and am considering it to be at the morula stage developing into a blastocyst.
I have taken an advice of my e-friend, and decided to stop any more searching on the internet. I am not looking for any success stories or other clinics. I have decided that there is nothing I can do to change it now, and by accepting this fact, it makes me feel calm and relaxed. I did get a bit stressed out when talking to DH yesterday, and him actually voicing what I had on my mind: Why I was given a small dose of drugs? Why wasn't that does adjusted when they saw what was going on? Why didn't they keep me going on stims longer? Why only 1 got fertilized? Why that one was put in at such early stage, and not waiting for it to develop further? We are both a bit frustrated with the clinic, as we were not consulted at any point in time, but simply were given decisions by the RE. I cannot do anything about it at this point and thinking about those questions and especially discussing them, really stresses me out, and I told DH not to talk about it anymore. So, that's why I was looking at different clinics. But not anymore. I will deal with it only if it comes to that. For now, only positive thoughts - my baby is growing into a blastocyst, and starting hatching out of its shell. We actually spent a great deal of time yesterday talking about various parenting and educational techniques for our children, based on our own studies and experiences with our niece and nephews, and it was so inspiring. :)
I'm thinking about you and hoping your embryo is getting nice and comfortable! Very good plan to avoid the internet. The wait is so hard and it definitely doesn't help to search more things when you have no control over what is going on currently.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you for being so zin! I'm thinking sticky thoughts!! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete