Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stims - Day 5

After I got home last night, I just didn't feel like getting in front of the computer. Just read for a bit in bed and went to sleep. So, posting yesterday's news today. 2 posts in one day - that's a punishment for being lazy yesterday :)

So yesterday was a bit unusual as I didn't have to do a shot in the morning. Thankfully the train was on time, and I got to the clinic 20 minutes without my appointment, had my b/w done, and waited for about 45 minutes for u/s. When they got in and the RE started telling follicle sizes to the nurse, I tried to keep count on my fingers, but soon lost count. Thereafter I had to talk to a nurse, and asked her how many - she said that there were 16 follicles, but they are all small with 5 being the smallest. The funny part is that 8 is my favourite number, and a few days ago I was thinking that 8 follicles would be too little, but 16 (8 for each ovary) would be a good number, and ta - da, I have 16, power of suggestion???
The nurse also explained how to take cetrotide (which I would have to administer at 8 p.m.), but I was not to take any drugs until they call me. I had a crazy busy day at the office as we had a closing and got a call at 2 p.m. that it’s too early for cetrotide as my estrogen level is low, and I was to continue with the same (150IU) dose of menopur - which meant that I had to take my shot at work. My office does have a door (but it doesn't lock) and a huge window looking straight into another office building, so the only place - ladies room. Tell you the truth, I don't really remember how I did that shot, but I did it (Thank G-d for a little purse shelf in the stall where I could spread out a bit :) ). I am back on Thursday for another u/s and b/w.

On our way home we did stop by Glen Shields pharmacy, even though Costco quoted me a much better price over the phone, when I actually got there the price was a bit higher then Glen Shields, plus Glen Shields is closer to our house and open longer hours :) and they sell by vials too - RE gave me prescription for 6 vials of menopur - and each package has only 5. So from now on, Glen Shields it is!!!

On the other note, the side of my leg still hurts - no bruise though, i guess I can't see it through all the padding I have!

1 comment:

  1. Whats Cetrotide? What stim meds are you taking? Congrats on the 16 follicles! Hopefully they continue to grow!!

    I am so sore too... Both thighs and now my tummy (no bruising either!). When I did follistim, it didn't hurt a bit, but it left me lots of little bruises. I did the menopur in the stomach yesterday, which didn't hurt as bad :)

    ReplyDelete