Thursday, April 14, 2011

Take 2: Fertilization Report (24 h. past ER)

I kind of lingered in bed until 10 a.m. this morning when I put both the estrogen and progesterone in. I haven't figured out the timing yet. All I know is that progesterone goes in 3 times a day and estrogen goes in twice. I emailed my nurse and she confirmed that those two can come in together. Since estrogen pill is so tiny, I decided it will go in first so as not to be lost in the gooey mess of progesterone pills.

I woke up with what I thought was a stomachache. I was trying to remember what I ate the night before and a hot sandwich with meat came to mind. DH made it for both of us and even though I commented of it being too heavy after ER, it looked and smelled so delicious that I ate it :). But now I think it wasn't that. I am afraid to say it, but I might have an onset of OHSS. Even though I didn't eat anything, I feel like I just had a huge meal: my stomach feels very heavy and when I take a deep breath it actually hurts a bit. My ovaries hurt a bit from time to time, but not as much as yesterday.

When the nurse called with the fertilization report and ask how I was doing, I told her that I am better. I am afraid to tell her how I feel - Is it bad? I am so afraid that if I tell her the truth Dr. H would cancel the ET on Monday. I decided that if I don't feel better by the time she calls tomorrow, I will tell her how I feel. I have been drinking 1 can of V8 for a week now, and had one today too. I stopped drinking water (that's what I usually drink in big quantities) and sent DH to buy gatorade and pedialyte. I so hope that it will help.

But I digress, the nurse called me with our fertilization report. Out of 19 eggs retrieved, 15 were mature (Yei and we were thinking about half), and out of 15 mature eggs that were ICSIed - 10 fertilized and they are watching those 10 now. I started crying before I hanged up the phone. I was by myself so I had a mini breakdown - but happy tears, happy tears. I called DH and I could hear in his voice how relieved he was. its 10 vs. 1 a HUGE difference between the two cycles. and I have hope again that this one just might work.

I've spent entire day either on the bed or on the couch watching TV, then my parents came over and I helped my brother with his homework. So proud of him. He is autistic and he is progressing nicely. He is 12 and I love him like my own baby. Well, tomorrow the call should be around lunch time, so hopping for more reassurances for our 10 little embabies. DIVIDE AND GROW, GROW, GROW!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ten is a wonderful, perfect number. :) I take it that you are you going for a 5 day transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo hooo!! that's a great number. hoping they divide and grow and thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten is beautiful. We had ten. Such a great number. Take care of yourself. A great big Monday awaits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT AN AWESOME NUMBER!!! I hope you feel much better soon. My friend had bad OHSS, but is now 7 weeks pregnant from IVF! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a great number!!!!

    Keep growing little Embryos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your ten!!

    And I hate to be a sour-puss, but if you really are developing OHSS, it's nothing to mess around with. You could end up hospitalized. I know you want your transfer now, and hopefully that will happen, but if you're having difficulties breathing, you should probably tell your doctor.

    Are you on Dostinex? Eating lots of protein and salt and limiting your fluid intake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! yay! yay!!!!! 10 is AMAZING!!!!!! So happy for you guys!!!! Grow embies GROW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i hope it isn't OHSS. don't be afraid to talk to your nurse, though. we've got to keep you healthy, so you can enjoy a pregnancy!

    10 is SUCH a great number!!! i'm so excited and hopeful for you!

    ReplyDelete