The u/s this morning took extra long - probably because the count as of this morning is 11!! follicles as follows: Right: 1.3, 1.2x3, 1.0x4) & (left:0.9, 1.0, 1.1). The good news is that there is not change to the size of the cyst. As I was walking to talk to my nurse, she glanced at my u/s report and asked me if I can already feel them and I said: "Oh, yea!!!". The thing is that the cyst is 2.4 cm and it is on the same ovary as 8 other follicles! I asked the nurse if we are already behind the schedule, but she said that it is still possible to have ER on Wednesday (as planned).
So I get back to the office and get a phone call from her. My estrogen is at 3,900, and Dr. H wants to decrease the dose of Gonal F to 150IU for tonight and keep Luveris at 75IU, and even though my lead follicle is not at 1.8, Dr. H wants me to start taking Orgalutran at 1/2 dose - NOW! I was like my Orgalutran is at home and I will not get home until 8:30p.m. just in time for stims shot. Well, the only choice I had was to run back to the clinic to get Orgalutran as Dr. H wants me to start it today at 1/2 dose and all my meds are at home. That was fun - back and forth in 35 minutes!!! I am lucky that my clinic is a 15 minute walk from my office. So first shot of Orgalutran was done in my office bathroom!!!
It is kind of sad that Orgalutran comes premixed in a syringe with the needle which is glued to the inside of the syringe, and anyways, I was told by my nurse that the manufacturer does not guarantee the stability of the medication once you do it once, so I have to discard the syringe with half of the medication still in it. It is a shame money wise and double shame as there is a shortage of Orgalutran & Cetrotide in Canada (and I think in US too) and I've already heard of people's cycles being delayed because of such shortage, and here I am throwing out medication. But what can I do?
Today was my 6th stims shot, and if you ask me how am I doing emotionally, I would not be able to tell you. I've been comparing notes between this cycle and the first cycle, and last time around we too had lots of follicles at around 1 cm and on day 6 Cetrotide was introduced and a day or two later - all hell broke loose. So, I am a bit anxious for the u/s tomorrow and Saturday, as I want to see the cyst decreasing and my 11 follies growing together as one group. I can't say yet what will be and whether this cycle is better or worse. For now just trying to do everything in my power to stay positive. Going to do meditation right now and off to bed.
Oooh I hope hope hope all your 11 are growing nicely and evenly! I'm sending lots of positive vibes and prayers! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh... this sounds way better than last time! Praying those 11 follies grow together and make some fabulous eggs!
ReplyDelete11!!! wow!!! that' so exciting! i'll be praying and crossing my fingers that ER goes as planned and you get your BFP. good luck!
ReplyDelete