First, I want to say thanks to all of you for all of your concerns. DH & I decided that if I am still feeling pressure by the time the nurse calls on Friday with the fertilization report, I would tell her about that.
So Thursday night I sent DH to buy me Gatorade. Well, all I can say: it tastes awful but it works. I finished an entire bottle (710 ml) before going to bed on Thursday. When I woke up on Friday, I was thinking that's it no transfer for me as I could feel pressure the moment I put my body in a vertical position. By lunch time, I finished another bottle of Gatorade, a can of V8 and a chicken noodle soup from Timmis (I thought that there should be tons of sodium in that), and it actually worked. By the time the phone rang, I didn't feel any pressure when taking deep breaths AND my stomach didn't hurt. Yei!!!
So on Friday, April 15, 1 embie arrested, 5 embabies were right on track at 3-4 cells, 1 was behind at 2 cells, and 3 embabies were overachievers at 5-6 cells. My nurse told me that it still doesn't mean anything as the situation can change drastically. She also said that she already had time for my transfer -- 10:30 a.m. on Monday, so we have to be at the clinic at 10:00 a.m. with full bladder.
When I got home from work, I was still craving soup so DH and I went to an Asian restaurant not far from our house and I had a nice bowl of soup with rice noodles (it was salty too :) ).
The end result is that this morning I don't have any more pain in my tummy (and thank goodness no Gatorade), although now I can feel a dull pain in my ovaries from time to time, but those are healing so no surprise there.
This morning we had invited the entire family to our house for breakfast. We used to do it every week, but then staff got in the way, and with daily monitoring, we haven't done it in a while. It was nice to see the entire family together again including our niece and nephews. The phone rang much earlier then I anticipated but I managed to hear it, so as of today (Apr. 16) we have 3 embabies which are right on track at 7-8 cells, 3 emebabies are a bit ahead at 9 or more cells (which the nurse said might still be alright), 1 embabie at 6 cells, and 2 embabies at 1-5 cells (who the nurse said might arrest before reaching day 5). I am still very happy as we need 2 embabies to transfer on Monday. It would be nice to have a few frozen for later but DH and I are not greedy, whatever G-d decides we deserve we'll take.
So, today I am taking it easy, it is raining outside since early morning and we are both in no mood to go outside, although we might have to. Tomorrow, I have to go to the office as I have a few projects that I want to finish and hopefully take a day off on Monday. I also asked my acupuncturist if we can do a session right before ET in the morning on Monday before we had to the clinic, so I can work long hours on Sunday and take Monday off. The trick is that on Monday we have to be at the clinic at 10 a.m., so we should probably be done by about 11 a.m. as the transfer itself is scheduled for 10:30 a.m., but then I would want to lay there for a bit to have my two little embabies settle in. So, theoretically I would not get to the office until about 12 p.m. Also on Monday is the first night for Passover (it is also my SIL's birthday) so we have to be at her house by 5 p.m. which means that I'll have to leave work before 4 p.m. So it doesn't really make sense for me to come to work, but my boss is leaving on Tuesday morning, and he might still want me to go in for even a bit. Ughh, I don't know. I guess I'll see how tomorrow goes.
Your babies sound wonderful!!! Keep growing and thriving little ones! Stay strong for your momma! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that your embies are doing so well! I'm sure you will have some good ones to transfer and a few more to freeze! Yay! I'm also so glad to hear that the OHSS symptoms didn't get too bad....I always worry about girls when I hear they might have OHSS, because I had it so bad so I know how terrible it can get! Sounds like you might have had a minor case which cleared up pretty quick...so yay!!!! Our transfers will only be a few days from each other...so cool!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your awesome, helpful comment on my post last night...it helped so much and made me feel much better! I am doing a lot better today, so thank you!!!!
looks like we will be transferring at the same time! mine's at 10:30 tomorrow too. sorry you were feeling so much pressure but glad the gatorade helped!
ReplyDeletei'll be sending your embabies beautiful divide and conquer vibes. best wishes.