Friday, April 8, 2011

Take 2 - Stims - Day 7

This morning the clinic was a bit more busy than usual, so the wait was a bit longer too. I had a different tech for an u/s and somehow we lost one follie since as of this morning the count was at 10 (not too bad either). They did grow a bit though: on the right 1.65, 1.6, 1.5, 1.35, 1.2, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0 1.0 and on the left 1.2 and 1.0. Although the whole afternoon both of my ovaries were hurting equally. The estrogen level is now 5,300 (Canadian units). Even though I don't really see the point, I've got my first talk about OHSS and was told to increase my sodium intake and stay hydrated. The nurse said that they are trying to be prepared and over cautious about OHSS.

Today is my daddy's birthday so after work I went directly to my parents house and spent lots of time playing with my nephews and my brother. I had to do my stim shots there too, but since it was my old home, it was not a problem.

Emotionally I still cannot understand if we are ok with this cycle or not, and taking it one day at a time. The cyst is staying the same (roughly as the difference is by about 0.1). I asked the nurse and she said that they would be concerned if it was like 3.5-4 cm. (right now it is at 2.5). I am not sure how my follies are going to continue to act to medication AND to meditations. I am hoping for them to grow together and not to have a big span in between them; however, I have a constant worry due to my last cycle. Tomorrow will be interesting as I have a very busy day and I'll have to do injections at a dinner theatre show - that should be fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here were my E2 levels at the tale end of my cycle:

    Day 7 E2: 3496
    Day 9 E2: 6774
    Day 10 E2: 8,962

    Though I did get information on OHSS before the cycle, they felt that my levels were okay. I had quite a few follicles as well counts ranged from 22 to 25. Try not to worry too much. From what I've read, the average growth is about 2mm a day. I wouldn't be surprised if you trigger in a couple days. Enjoy your night out tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete