Today is a midpoint of my 2 ww as we are on 7dp5dt. For most lucky people a beta test is scheduled for 10 or 11 dp5dt, for us its 14dp5dt. The wait is getting to me today, although the long weekend was very busy.
Thursday at 3dp5dt was just a regular work day. My boss was away last week and I've been leaving earlier for Passover dinners on Monday and Tuesday, and as well on Wednesday (just because :) ). So Thursday was my catch up time. Once I got home I needed to do some laundry and pack for our trip to Niagara Falls.
We were off early Friday morning (4dp5dt). The reason for the trip is that the teen who lives with us (the "kid") had a tournament in St. Catharines plus both my sis and my DH's brother's families were at Niagara Falls for the weekend at the water park. We dropped the kid at the game and went to Niagara-on-the-lake. On the way there my mommy called and wanted to make sure that I am not over exerting myself. It was sunny but chilly and we were walking from one store to another. I am happy to report that I teared up only once when I saw the cutest pink door sign with beads which read "Daddy's little princess". After checking in to the hotel on the outskirts of Niagara Falls we spent the second half of the day in St. Catharines and even watched a game, which DH enjoyed. I did have a nap at the hotel when we checked in and we also made it an early night.
On Saturday (5dp5dt) my parents were also supposed to join us, so once we dropped off the kid at the morning game we went to Starbucks to wait for them. It was raining hard during the night but by mid morning the weather turned for the best, it was just amazing - sunny and work, so I spent time walking around with my brother. Once the game was done all of us joined my sister and DH's brother's families for lunch and walked around Niagara Falls (although we didn't get to the falls just yet). We walked with them to DQ and without getting anything went to our car as we were running late for the kid's game. (but don't feel sorry for me as on our first trip to Niagara-on-the-lake we bought and indulged in some chocolate, even though I know its a no-no).
We dropped the kid off at the game and went to Niagara-on-the-Lake. It was early evening but it was still very warm outside, as most stores were already closed, DH & I just strolled for an hour. We were talking about how we are going to raise our children (mostly what we are NOT going to do based on us watching our niece and nephews). We do want them to be social, so at the beginning we want to make emphasis on them expressing themselves - singing, dancing, painting, reading and interacting. We don't want them to watch much TV or play computer games - as even my 2 year old nephew knows how to play game on his parent's iphones! We don't want screaming and want them to be raised to respect others. We want to take them on road trips since they are little as we enjoy road trips, being in the car together - doesn't even matter where we are going. We don't want them to eat junk food, and in that regard we have to lead by example, we are trying to watch what we eat (well some times), but need to take it up a notch as we also cannot change overnight. It was so nice to discuss this, and even better to realize that we are on the same waive when it will come to raising our children.
I was pretty happy, the weather was awesome, I had frozen yogourt and then hot chocolate to get the warmth back :) We saw this old property that looked like it was let go and all over where little blue flowers, like a sea. It was so beautiful and I started to realize that the spring is finally here!!! There were buds on the bushes, so the nature is waking up from this long dreaded winter.
The game finished late so we went out for dinner and back to the hotel to watch some TV and sleep.
Unfortunately for us, the kids team won all the games and they were in semi-finals and it really looked like they were going to make it to the finals as well, which was late on Sunday.
So Sunday (6dp5dt) we got up a bit earlier as we had to check out our hotel before dropping the kid at the game. After we dropped him off we went to Niagara Falls to meet with my sis' and DH's brother's families. The kids were not on their best behaviour and even though we managed to get to the falls we didn't stay much there (well, I've seen them tons of times, but they are still very beautiful, especially the one on the Canadian side, eh!!!) I said good bye to DH and went home with my BIL & SIL as I need to finish up a few things at home.
I guess the hormones are effecting my brain, as when I got home I called DH and asked him if he wanted me to make something for dinner and he asked for me to boil potatoes. But, I even did better, I did mashed potatoes with garlic, milk and butter, and cut all the lettuce so that we can have salads quicker. And so you know, I DON'T COOK - period. All the cooking in our house is done by DH, so I am thinking I am probably in the nestling period, LOL. I also cleaned out the refrigerator and dishwasher and washed the microwave - again very not like me. :) The boys loved my mashed potatoes and salad, although I forgot the salt - oh well, you lose some you gain some.
Today, at 7dp5dt I went back to work, but for some reason I am getting very impatient on one side but very afraid to do the test on the other side. The plan was to wait until Friday, but I might do it a bit earlier on Wednesday or Thursday, don't know.
The symptoms so far: (i) very sore boobies - I didn't realize how sore they are until I tried to take a nap in the hotel. As I sleep with a body pillow at home, I had to lay down on my girls at the hotel, and boy did they hurt!!! I got a spare pillow so I can prop myself off them, (ii) nausea - I don't think it is related, but still... I do get bouts of nausea, usually when I am hungry, although I had those before IVF as well, (iii) hot flashes - I don't even know if hot flashes are a pregnancy symptom, but I noticed that I had a few of them today, and I had them yesterday too. I started getting hot flashes after using Clomid, and even after I stopped using the drug, hot flashes remained. I didn't have them for a while, so this is something new.
Your symptoms sound promising!!! I am so very hopeful for you and can't wait for your BFP!!!! I'm glad you've been staying busy. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from ICLW! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way during your 2ww! Love the pictures...so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAndrea -ICLW #70
Glad to hear everything is going well in the 2WW. I am starting to feel a little crazy (I am 5 days out.) The 2WW is so hard! Glad you'll be finding out SOON!!
ReplyDeleteyour beta is late. ugh. mine feels late too. 14dp2dt (16dpo).. i emailed my RE today to aske if i could move it up to this friday (11dp2dt), but she said no.. too early. ugh. i'm VERY impatient too and i have no symptoms, so that makes me very sad. i hate this process so much... hope you are faring better than i am.
ReplyDeletetoo cute that your mom was worried about you not over exerting yourself. and don't worry about the chocolate. its good for your soul, so that can't be bad for you.
oooh your almost there! Its easy to confuse progesterone with pregnancy symptoms though. I remember I thought FOR SURE I was pregnant one month and it was just the stupid progesterone!
ReplyDeleteMy first REAL pregnancy symptom at 9dp5dt (my BETA day)... I woke up at 5AM STARVING! It was like that the rest of first tri! I have never been so hungry in my life! LOL.
I can't wait to hear the news! Only a couple more days!!!!
How are you 7dp5dt already?! I can't wait for you to test! Test early test early!!! Good luck babe!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are almost there now!!!
ReplyDeleteAre you going to test???
Very very late beta!! Do you think you'll sneak a POAS earlier than that or will you hold on tight? In anycase, everything is crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteFran
ICLW #131
You are so close! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I saw you posting about Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls and St. Catherines. I'm right over the border outside of Buffalo.