Sunday, April 10, 2011

Take 2 - Stims - Day 8 & No Stims Day 9

Yesterday was the eighth day of my injections and the craziest day so far. Getting up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday is unheard of for me but had to get myself and DH out of bed to get to the clinic for u/s and b/w by 8 a.m. The results were good. On the right ovary we had 1.8, 1.65, 1.6, 1.5, 1.1x4, 1.0x3 and on the left we had: 1.3, 1.1x3, 1.0x2 So the left ovary also started producing and in the morning when I had pain on the left side I was like WTF?? Why do the 2 lonely follicles giving me hard time - the answer because now there are 6 of them. The cyst also got a bit bigger and was sitting at 3.0.

So after the clinic we stopped by my parents for breakfast and headed for my acupuncture appointment. As DH was driving me, I told him to just drop me off and that I would walk home as the weather was amazing and it was about 7km walk. He insisted on leaving the car and walked home himself. The acupuncturist appointment gave me a burst of positive energy as always, but she said that I was very tried (no kidding!!! after sleeping 5 hours a night for a long time) she told me to go home an relax - and that I did, I took a nap :) I was awaken by a phone call from the clinic, the nurse said that my estrogen was up to 7,640 but my LH was up again to 6 (she was explaining to me that the day when they called me to start orgalutran my LH went up to 10, and then dropped to 2, but it was up again). So I needed to have another 1/2 dose asap and the full dose on Sunday morning, so I sent DH to buy 2 doses of orgalutran, and did my 1/2 dose right away.

In the evening we were going to a dinner theatre, which turned out to be hilarious! We had so much fun. The problem was that I had to do my injections in the middle of the dinner before the actual show started. My sis volunteered to help me (it was the first time she was seeing me doing them) but the stalls were so tiny that I just ended up mixing and doing the injections on the counter (at least the washroom was very clean and pretty much empty). I was so nervous to do them in the open and not in the comfort of my own home, but I did them and the results in the morning were good.

Today in the morning we had on the right 6 which are ready, 5 more which are close to being ready and 7 smaller ones as follows: 2.1x3, 1.8x2, 1.7, 1.5x2, 1.3, 1.1, 1.0 on the left the crop was also growing with 1.5, 1.4x2, 1.3, 1.1x2. And of course the cyst grew a bit to 3.3. The nurse told me that the lining is very good at 1.3. I had a minor dilemma, with 6 follicles being ready I wasn't sure if I'll be triggered tonight or tomorrow night, and I didn't have Luveris, Orgalutron or the trigger shot (Ovidrel) and I didn't want to buy it at the clinic (my cheap pharmacy is closed on Sundays), so we decided that I go to the office and she'll call me with the results and we take it from there. She did call me and told me that my estrogen level is now at 10,210, so Dr. H decided that I will not do anymore stims, and will only do a full dose of Orgalutran Monday morning and a trigger Monday night. Yep, we are close to being triggered!!! So, I had to go back to the clinic to pick up Orgalutran, which would have been a nice stroll if it wasn't raining cats & dogs outside. Thankfully I did have an umbrella but my sneakers and jeans were all wet.

The thing is with 18 growing follicles and a cyst, I have a constant pain below my waist. I had to finish a project and could only leave the office after 6p.m. The pain actually got worse as I think my ovaries are pushing on everything around them and now everything hurts - my ovaries, my uterus and even my kidneys!!! It is painful to walk, sit or stand. My retreat came when I got home and curled under a blanket in front of the TV, but as I am writing this sitting in front of my computer I can really feel my ovaries hurting AND I have TWO more days like that!!! I feel like I am pregnant and I want those eggs out NOW. Yep I am also very emotional and moody. I am going to mediate right now and try to go to sleep, I did doze off in front to TV an hour ago, so hopefully can do this again in my comfy bed curled up under 2 blankets.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on being close to trigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Can't wait for the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great follie count!! Hang in there, your just about there. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea that you didn't walk home from the acupuncturist. It would have been an achy walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 18!! Oh man, you must be uncomfortable! Take it easy hun, and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep you would definitely be uncomfortable (and likely look pregnant) with 18 eggs, I know I did. So glad to hear that you get to trigger tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete