Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Take 2 - Stims - Day 4 & 100th post!!!

This is my 100th post and I would prefer to write some good news, like for example a BFP, but we are still in the midst of our 2nd IVF cycle and still a good 3-4 weeks away from the beta test.

This morning I had my first u/s and b/w after having stims injection for 3 days (the injections are in the evening and u/s are in the morning). In the new clinic the u/s is done by a tech and you actually get undress IN the u/s room (not sitting gowned in the hallway with ten other women). So the tech commented in passing that I will have lots of eggs to work with (which made me happy). Then I talked to the nurse. Apparently I now have 20 follicles on one and 15 on the other ovary. The bad news - they found a cyst which they think is a culprit behind my high estrogen levels. So in the morning I left the office with my nurse telling me that they'll be watching the cyst carefully and I will most likely come back on Thursday, but she will call me once b/w results are in.

When I got back to the office, I took out my cell phone and put it right beside me on my desk. And of course, when my nurse called, the phone went directly to the voice mail :( So the only info I got was that my estrogen is now up to 1,200, I should continue my regular dose, and they want me to go back TOMORROW - ugh. I really wanted to give my poor arms a break as I start to look a lot like drug addict. I ALWAYS have problems with drawing blood.

Hoping to talk to her tomorrow to figure out if it is a cyst or a follicle that is growing fast, and what the hell is the difference between the two, and what are the implications of either on my cycle.

The headaches are a bit milder, but still have them and nausea, and the rest of s/e including cramping and twinges in my uterus, and we are not even half way through stims!

4 comments:

  1. From day 5 to day 12 of my cycle, I went for b/w and u/s 5 times. Yuck. With the shots of puregon, orgalutron, and the bloodwork, I felt like a pin cushion.

    Holy Follie Queen! Sounds like you'll have quite the harvest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, that sounds like a great amount of follicles!!! Grow Follicles Grow!!!

    I hated having to go in so often for bloodwork, hopefully they will give you a bit of a break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of follicles. I am hoping that your b/w continues to be good and that this cyst doesn't cause you any problems in your cycle!! FXed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I feel for ya! We are FINALLY having our transfer (after a 3 month wait from the retrieval!) and they'll be doing blood draws almost every other day through the month. When I did my stims in January, they did blood and ultrasound everyday for 6 days in a row...you remember my drama right?!!!
    I think the problem with having a cyst is that is causes your estrogen to go sky high and if it gets too high it is dangerous to you, so that's why they don't like to continue cycles if there is a cyst and it is producing a lot of estrogen. I can't remember what my RE said but they said it is not good to go through stims with a large cyst that is producing estrogen. Let's hope that sucker goes away on it's own or stops producing so much estrogen! Hoping for good news for you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete