Friday, April 1, 2011

Not an April's Fools Joke

Oh, but how I wish it was an April's Fools joke.

This morning I had my baseline u/s and b/w. I was a bit stressed out as I was working late yesterday and had a client coming in at 9:30 a.m. and nothing was ready for that client when I left late on Thursday. In addition, I didn't know how long it will take me to do an u/s, b/w and meet my nurse.

Everything was good, the train was on time, no problem with the subway also. I got to the clinic had to wait 5 min for and u/s then another 5 min for b/w and another 5 min to talk to the nurse. I was done in 30 minutes. That was fast! I talked to the nurse and she said that the u/s looked very good - I had 12 resting follicles on one ovary and 15 on the other. She was to call me with my b/w results in a few hours and confirm that I can start stims on Saturday night as planned.

Of course the phone rang at the worst possible time - when my boss was standing in the doorway of my office talking to my clerk. It was my nurse and she said that my estrogen level is at 335 which is elevated and that I have to come in tomorrow morning for another u/s and b/w, and that unless it goes down, I cannot start my stims tomorrow. She said that she is sorry but they cannot see elevated estrogen levels on the u/s. I couldn't ask her questions as my boss was right there. I was so upset (not crying though) that I couldn't work.

I posted a question on the forum about what does it mean to have elevated estrogen, and got four responses pointing at an active cyst - which begs a questions - why wasn't it seen on the u/s in the morning. Then I got another response:

"sounds like a false start to AF and your corpus luteum is still producing estrogen... happenend to me on a couple of occasions... usually full flow would start within a day or 2 and E2 would then drop down to normal levels. FX!"

I hope this is it rather than cyst. [TMI] My AF this time is very very weird. 1st, I am not bleeding much and it comes out in pieces rather than blood and one piece was actually pretty big. I can go by for a long time with just one pad and today it almost stopped (and it is only day 2)!!! I don't know if it even makes sense, but I've never taken BCP before (except during my last cycle) so don't know how my body supposed to react to it.

All I am doing right now is praying that my estrogen level will go down for tomorrow and this whole ordeal will just be a minor delay in cycle. Why can't IVF just be a smooth sailing???

3 comments:

  1. Yay for geting ready to start a new cycle!!! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like your spotting and haven't really started he full flow yet!? My RE wouldn't count spotting as cd1, only the full flow. Anyways, hope it all gets figured out tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so sorry about this bump in the road! I'm hoping your levels drop! I bet the comment you posted is correct. I'm sure they will drop soon! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really think that, if it was a cyst, they would have seen it. Your e2 levels are quite high, so yeah, you probably haven't quite finished your previous cycle.

    ReplyDelete