Monday, April 18, 2011

Take 2 - ET: I am now PUPO!!!

Yes, I have been PUPO for about 11 hours now!!! But I should start from the beginning.

Yesterday, Sunday, I was supposed to go to the office so I woke up with an alarm around 10 a.m. instead of sleeping in. I went to the bathroom and opened the blinds... TADA it was snowing!!! April 17th - snow on the roof and ground in TO. I woke up DH so he could see it too, because for a moment there I thought I went back in time to February. It was actually snowing pretty much the entire day, although the temperature outside did get up a bit above 0c.

I talked to DH and he said that trying to fit in acupuncture before ET on Monday morning would make me too stressed out, so I emailed my acupuncturist and scheduled an appointment for Sunday evening. DH and I had breakfast together and I only managed to get to the office by about 1 p.m. and left at 7 p.m. to get to the acupuncturist. She was great and very supportive, as usual. She is one of those people who truly cares about her patients and does everything to accommodate. When I returned home, a couple of our friends decided to drop by for a cup of coffee/tea, so I didn't have time to do my meditation.

This morning DH & I decided that we will take a subway to the clinic so as not to pay for parking downtown. On our way to the subway station I drank a 500ml bottle of water, and by the time we arrived to the clinic (exactly at 10 a.m.) I could feel my bladder being full but not too painful. We got taken in and changed for the procedure and I got comfy in the lounge chair and was sipping a bit from the second water bottle. There was just one more couple next to us. Then about 10:30 a.m. a nurse dropped by to say that Dr. H was running 20-30 min late and asked how we are doing. Since I was sipping water, I asked her if I should just stop doing that and she said definitely. Well, by the time Dr. H came in, my bladder was really really full and making me know about it :) The good thing about our RE being late was that I managed to do a mediation for the transfer in the 20 min that we've been waiting for him, since it was very quiet and I was very comfy (minus the uncomfortably full bladder).

As soon as I finished the meditation, the other couple was taken in. By that time I was already in a lot of discomfort and it seemed like the clock just stopped and it was taking them forever. Then I heard them getting back into their cubicle and I almost jumped and ran into the operation room myself.

Once I got in the u/s tech quickly check my bladder and said that it was too full and for an easier transfer I had to empty it just a bit - 1 glass!!!! WTF!!!! I hate hate hate hate doing this, as it is hard to stop. The funny part is that DH & I were just discussing it on our way to the clinic and I told him my feelings about that, so as I was leaving to do to the bathroom, I heard him joking with the tech, the nurses and our RE about it. Well, I managed to do it (they do have plastic cups for that purpose in the washroom) - what wouldn't I do for my babies. When I got back, I actually felt a bit better as well.

So first our doc was talking to us, he said that he was very pleased with the whole cycle and how I responded to medication, and that we have 2 blasts to transfer and 2 more to freeze and that there is another morula that they are watching and might also freeze tomorrow. The procedure was a bit long (much longer then what I remember it being the first time). The Doc was very careful first about placing the catheter inside my uterus at exactly the spot where he wanted it and he was asking the u/s tech to do different scans to make sure it is perfect (in my head I was like, please G-d make him do it faster), then they were ready for my embabies. I could here both our names said and repeated a few times to ensure that those were our embabies. It took a few more minutes for those embabies to be transferred into my uterus, as he again was very careful in placing them exactly where he wanted them.

After everything was done and the normal lights were on, I was left on the operating table for a few minutes while chit-chatting with our RE. He said that the 2 blasts were perfect and that he is sure that this will result in a pregnancy, he again said that he is very very happy with my entire cycle. Then he helped me up. Since I already peed before the procedure, I just got back to my lounge chair and decided to sit around for about 10 min (initially I was thinking of lounging around for about half an hour as they say in their materials, but the couple next to us left when we finished our transfer, and I was already very late for work). So, it probably ended up being more than 10 min as both DH & I were on our phones updating our family (and me my ivf.ca friends).

I went to the office and was at the office about 12 p.m., there are tons of things that I had to do, some of them were left over from Sunday as I left to go to acupuncture. Plus, my boss is leaving tomorrow morning for a week and there were a few last minute things to finish up. But, at 3:45 p.m. I was out of there. The reason is that today is the first night of Passover.

Since we bought our house we would celebrate Passover at our house and I would clean the entire house and hid all chametz in one place and actually sell it on-line, but this year (a) with all the stress of IVF, I had no time nor ability to clean the house and get rid of chametz, I just decided I am not going to touch it and would make it extra special next year when I'll have my baby :), and (b) my SIL's b-day was also on the 18th, so it kind of didn't make sense to have it at our house, and we had it at her house instead, although the birthday celebrations didn't leave much time for actual Passover.

We still had lots of food and fun. The only problem is that DH got a cold so he was feeling very much under the weather. My BIL was so excited that we are PUPO that he proposed a toast for us (which was kind of stupid as there were people there who knew nothing about our situation), so instead my parents concocted some kind of explanation to them about it being close to our 10 year anniversary (which is actually on the 29th). Oh well, I still love my BIL. Tomorrow we are actually going to my sis' house for a second Passover dinner which should be more traditional then the feast we had today.

Going to load and unload dishwasher and then straight to bed!!! The countdown has began. We are at 0dp5dt!!! 14 more days to go, as BETA will not be until 2 weeks from today i.e. 14dp5dt, unless I can work my magic with my nurse and have it for a Sunday (13dp5dt) instead so that DH & I can process the news in private (whatever those news might be. But for now I am very hopeful and pregnant and nobody can say otherwise!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being PUPO! Rest lots! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys. It sounds like a very promising transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, isn't snow great! We have the same here today. Ugh. Congrats on being PUPO! And yes, its SOO hard to empty your bladder 'just a little bit'... LOL. So happy that you have such beautiful blasts! Best of luck in your 2ww. We'll help e/o from not going too crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you, and SO GOOD to hear that everything went well. I bet that made you feel so good when RE said he really beleive this will result in a pregnancy...yes!!!! Sending lots of good vibes and positive thoughts your way! I'll be joining you in the 2ww in 2 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm am so excited for you!! It sounds like this new doctor is AWESOME!!! AHHH hate the 2ww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for being PUPO!! I agree - rest a lot and enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete