Monday, April 4, 2011

Take 2 - Stims - Day 3

Today is my 3rd day of stims. I am getting used to it and not that afraid of Gonal F pen anymore. I got home just in time to do my injections and my parents dropped by just as I was getting ready. So my mom went upstairs and was watching me doing them. I actually wanted her to see how brave I am. I showed her the little needle on Gonal F and then took out the syringe with the long mixing needle attached for Luveris. She almost fainted LOL as she thought that I was going to give myself injections with such long needle. So that was a bit entertaining. The worst part is that I have tons of side effects that I didn't have last time around (I am telling myself it is good, since it probably means that the meds are working):

1) I have a headache (bordering on migraine) for the 2nd day in a row;
2) I get very nauseous to the point of almost throwing up as well 2nd day and it gets worse in the evenings (my sweet DH said to get used to it, since it will stay for a few months until the 1st trimester is over :) );
3) I've also experienced some light twinges and cramps in my ovaries on and off through the day; and
4) my (.)(.) are a bit sore.

Tomorrow is the firs u/s and b/w after the stims, so will know if there is a good reason why I am feeling like crap for the second day in a row.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I'm a sufferer of migraines so I feel your pain. Just keep telling yourself, this is for a good cause. Doesn't take away the side effects but at least it helps to keep your eyes on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like the side effects I got on my second (and successful) IVF.

    I found that making sure my stomach was never empty really helped, along with Gravol and Gravol Ginger (non-drowsy)

    As for the migraines there is not much you can do, most of the "good drugs" are not recommended while TTC or Pregnant. Which SUCKS!!!! I would come home and take a couple of Tylenol and Gravol and head to bed on the days when it was really bad!!

    I hope your US this morning shows some good progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! i hope the scan goes well and that everything is on track! and major kudos to you for giving yourself the injections. that scares the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your scan goes well, sweetie! I am thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete