This morning was a bit lonely at the clinic as most ladies are having monitoring every other day (although I did see some familiar faces). The blood draw was a bit problematic - both of my arms have bruises now, and today she actually tried to draw from one and then had to switch to another, ugh, but the u/s went without a hitch.
The result for today is 5 follicles that are growing ahead of the rest with 1.1, 1.1, 1.0 on one ovaries and 1.1, 0.8 on another ovary. The nurse said that it is still early and very soon we should see a growth spur, for now she is satisfied. The nurse also said that the cyst had no change, and I think I saw it being at 2.4. She said that they will have to continue monitoring me very closely and it is going to be daily monitoring from now on. We talked about meds as I figured out that some are cheaper at the clinic and some are cheaper at the pharmacy. I also asked her what will happen if the cyst will start to grow, to which she replied that Dr. H may cancel the cycle if it gets too big. We are not adding the antagonist just yet, as they want the estrogen level at 1,200 AND lead follie at 1.8 (not quite there yet), so it looks like we are a bit behind "schedule" as we were supposed to add Orgalutran tomorrow morning.
My nurse called me later to tell me that my estrogen is up to 1,700, but all the doses remain the same and I am back tomorrow morning.
I finished my first Gonal F pen today (900IU) and I was supposed to only have 150IU left for tonight with additional 37.5IU to be taken from a new pen. Yep, lucky me 3 injections tonight. So on the old pen I left the dial at 187.5 and pulled the trigger to the end and it looked like it did go to 187.5, but I couldn't be sure as by my calculations there should have only been 150 and according to instructions the trigger should not have gone all the way to 187.5 but stopped at 150. So, after spending a few minutes with a calculator recalculating the dosages, I decided to give myself whatever was left in the old pen PLUS 37.5 from the new. Worst comes to worst I got 37.5 more today then needed, oh well. That's why I prefer the good old syringes - no mystery there.
I am already feeling uncomfortable with constant pressure at the bottom of my tummy. I guess having a cyst at 2.4 cm doesn't help things much. The headache and nausea comes and goes.
I feel so different this time around. For some reason going for monitoring in the morning is such a bother. I have no excitement about this cycle at all. The thought that ER is scheduled for a week from today sends shivers down my body, as I keep thinking that it can't be that soon. I don't realize it, but I've already had 5 injections of stims and to have ER on Wednesday I'll be triggering on Monday night (assuming we are on schedule) BUT the talk about "cancellation" has been haunting us since we started so my mood is up and down all the time. I guess I am already hormonal as most of the time I just feel apathy and sad.
I am thankful for meditation though as my acupuncturist said that my pulse is much better and calmer than what it was in December. She was also happy that I am taking thyroid medication as she was struggling to keep something related to thyroid balanced for me.
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that everything works out!! HUGS
ReplyDeleteI'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is such a rollercoaster ride...the daily monitoring is hard. I admire you for staying so calm...I think at this point in the game for me, I was a complete mess!!! Thinking of you and hoping for NO cancellation!!!
ReplyDelete