Saturday night bright and early went for an u/s and b/w. Right when the u/s tech was inserting the "thing" you know where, a female doctor I've never seen before came in. She did tell me that there were no cyst but that they are waiting for b/w and just wanted to reconfirm that they didn't miss anything on the u/s on Friday morning. I asked her why my estrogen is up, and she hesitated and then said that since I have 27 little follicles, each of them is secreting estrogen and all together it is high (it sounded like such a BS, if you ask me, like she had no clue what she was talking about). I asked her if there was a chance of this cycle being canceled if my estrogen does not go down and she told me that there was. So on the way home, DH & I talked about it in the car and decided not to push it, if our RE suggests canceling this one and waiting one cycle, we would do just that, since it is the second one and we don't want to spend tons of money for nothing.
Once we got home and finally had breakfast, I was exhausted and went straight to bed for a little nap :) A phone call from the clinic woke me up. The nurse (not my regular nurse) said that my estrogen is even higher at 369, BUT that Dr. H said that he is not concerned and that I can start stims tonight. So, I hung up the phone and was like "WHAT????" I didn't expect that at all. We had to rush to our pharmacy to get the drugs (the pharmacy is owned by a couple who had fertility issues too, so they always have fertility drugs in stock, they don't charge dispensing fee on prescription AND they only have 2% mark-up, which is a G-d send for people like us who have no insurance or benefits). So we got an almost 5 day supply of Gonal F and Luveris (plus the thyroid medication).
I also emailed Dr. H just to confirm that he is ok with us proceeding because if he thinks that high estrogen might negatively affect the cycle we would rather wait until the next one. On a Saturday afternoon Dr H replied within an hour in a short email saying that it IS worth starting now.
He actually called around 8 p.m. when were were about to do the shots and were getting ready to leave the house. He said that usually they like to see estrogen at 200 or lower but my case is special (he he he). What he thinks is that there is already a growing follicle although it is still very small as u/s is very good and does not show anything out of the ordinary. So what might happen is that we might get one leading follicle which we will ignore until the rest of the follicles catch up. Since I was on the phone with Dr. H instead of getting ready to go out, we were extremely late so DH had to do the injections!!! We had a nice evening out with our friends :)
This morning I had an acupuncture appointment which was great as always. She is such an amazing woman and has so much positive energy that I love having acupuncture sessions with her. I then had to go to the office (with all my drugs in tow). We were going to see Yanni tonight (the concert was amazing!!!) so I had to do injections at the office before leaving for the concert. It did take me about 10 min but at least I didn't have to worry about it during the concert. The bad thing is that I have a headache since the morning and I tried to toughen it out. it got so bad after the concert that I almost threw out on the ride home. So, took some drugs and am on my way to bed now.
I'm so excited for you girl!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, craziness! I hope everything is okay with the estrogen! I'm so excited that you're getting started! Woohoo! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for you comment I needed it!
ReplyDelete