Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cats and kittens

I am not going to lie, I am a cat person. I am ok with dogs, but I love cats much more. When I was little I had a male cat and his name was fluffy (if you translate it into English). He was an amazing cat, I could do whatever I wanted with him, and when he died at the age of 3, it was very hard to get over. He was the first living thing I've lost in my life and I cried for months for him (I was 12 years old). When we immigrated to Canada, my sis managed to convince my parents to get a cat (since it is less trouble than dog) and we got a female kitten. She would always sleep in my bed in my legs, and once DH started staying at my house, she would be jealous and would try to push him off :) she would also get up at around 5 am and would start crying so that we open the door to let her out. Oh, how he hated that. She went for a walk one day and never came back, and DH was there to help me through that loss. Since then, I really wanted to have another kitten. My parents had a dog that we brought from Europe so they didn't want anybody else (the dog passed away 2 years ago he was 17 years old)- so my parents do not want another pet (they have fish!). DH and I have been living in our house for over 3 years and I still cannot convince him to get a kitten, and now we have a teen living with us (long story) and he is allergic to cats, so we definitely cannot have one for another 1.5 years. hmmmm. Why am I telling you this? Because, I finally got around to open another gift left over from the New Years that my aunt and uncle gave me - I knew it was a calendar (my sis got an identical one, but hers had destinations on it), and surprise surpirse - mine has cats and kittens - it is sooo adorable, I love it!!! So I have almost 365 pictures of cats and kittens in my house!!! I'll tell you, I felt a bit jealous reading blogs about how cats helped their owners to alleviate pain (both physical and emotional)during the IVF. Oh, well, hopefully I'll have a baby soon, so I will have someone to keep me occupied :) and after that, hopefully be able to convince DH that kids need a pet!

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard anything about cats being good for pain. That is so not true in my house but I do think they can sense when your hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute. I have 3 kitties that I LOVE. I wish you could get a kitty (or baby!) very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love cats too. We lost ours just before Christmas to kidney disease and I'm trying to convince DH we need another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats too. My Husband never had them growing up but we always had two cats and a dog. It took me about 2 weeks of convincing when we bought our first place that we needed a cat. He loves them just as much as I do. Hopefully your DH will come around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a dog and a cat! My maltipoo Oliver is my baby! I love him as my own son ;) I feel like zoe, the cat, loves us, but on her own terms when she feels like it. I'm soo more a dog lover than cat. To each their own :)

    ReplyDelete