Monday, January 3, 2011

Adding Insult to Injury

Caution: this post will have TMI!!!

It is day 4 of AF and it is still raging like crazy. It is one of the worst AFs in my life. I usually have it heavy on the first day, then it slows down on day two, almost stops on day 3, and then spotting day 4 and 5. Well, today is day 4 and it is still pretty heavy and chunky (without stopping for a breather on day 3). I guess it was supposed to be a very cozy place for my little embie, as I overheard the doctor saying that my lining was perfect. Yep, too bad it all went to waste! I have also been in pain pretty much for the entire time, but I am holding strong on not taking any medication!

In addition, I am up 2 kg :( I do feel sorry for myself, and that's were the food comes in. I figured myself out, unlike most people, I lose my appetite when I am stressed, but when I am in pain (emotional and/or physical), I start feeling sorry for myself and allow myself the little pleasures of eating chocolates, ice cream and pastry (not the best of foods). And I am not a thin person to begin with. To tell you the truth I am overweight - well, if you look at my BMI, I am on the fence between overweight and "obese" - the word that makes me shiver as I am typing this - unfortunately it is more on obese side of the fence. So, additional kgs are not really helping!

Today, I am starting eating healthy (thanks to sparkpeople.ca) and trying to get more exercise in. I decided to wait a month from ER before starting more vigorous bootcamp exercises. Hopefully AF would subside soon, and I'll feel like a normal human being again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about AF :( She is mean!!!

    I can relate about the weight gain. With my first IVF cycle, I gained about 3-4 pounds. I'm sure I'll be gaining more now, too!

    Good luck! I'm sure you'll feel more motivated once AF takes a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your last IVF and other failed attempts. It sucks. It must be so damn hard for you to go through AF that you are going through now. Such an unwanted AF. Hope that the this year will turn things around for you. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I hear ya, it must be life trying to smack us in the face when we are down, because I remember the first AF being horrible!!!!

    Good luck with the new plan!!!

    ReplyDelete