Thursday, January 6, 2011

blog commenting and some thoughts

I feel like I have a bipolar disorder or something (not sure if I am using the right term). I am sad one day and happy the other. Well, today I am sad! I guess because I am very tired. Had a long day at the office yesterday, and when I get tired I get upset very easily and cry for no reason. So here we are, today is not a very positive blog, just filled with my doubts. Plus, I think I have a lingering cold, my throat hurts a bit and my ears hurt and are popping too (and my ears usually don't hurt when I have a cold), and because of that I feel a bit dizzy all the time. Yep, that's me whining.

I found that I am addicted to blogging. I've been keeping it up to date with at least one blog per day, and I haven't run out of things to say (as my head is filled with thoughts, doubts, questions, comments etc.), and I usually write a few blog entries as soon as I have a thought in my head, so I can stop thinking about it - like a therapy. I am happy that 6 people decided to publicly acknowledge that they are interested in what is going on with my life. Every time I get an email that I have a comment posted on my blog, it's like opening a little present for me.  So, why do I feel most of the times that my opinion doesn't matter much? I guess when I see a blog where there are already 18 comments, does the writer really want to hear another "congratulation" or "so sorry to hear your bad new". It sucks that for some reason I cannot leave comments from my office computer, so all of the commenting has to wait until the evening. I do tend to leave more comments for people who I am more familiar with (like you) and if I have something to say, but I follow a few more blogs and constantly find second-guessing myself whether the writer really wants to hear from me (mostly after ICLW is over). I guess I do have a low self esteem...  What are you thoughts on blog commenting?

8 comments:

  1. Great post!!!

    I love comments even if they are all the same thing. To me a comment is like a hug, it is someone out there wrapping their virtual arms around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people love comments, I know I do and I don't think that you can ever have too many. Even during ICLW when I do get more then average I always read each one and make an effort to go and check out any new blogs.

    Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. At least the weekend is coming soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are feeling sad! At least the weekend is almost here....what are your plans? Why don't you do something nice for yourself!
    Oh and about the comments....I LOVE comments too. Even if they are similar comments, it just makes me feel like people actually care what I have to say and are actually reading my posts! Plus leaving comments on other people's blogs not only show that you care about their journey, but also helps them find you and your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... blogging IS therapy! I feel like its my own journal to write down my thoughts, feelings, etc.

    I love love getting comments as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find ICLW til recently. I went almost a year of blogging, with very few followers. I didn't understand how some people had so many followers when they just started! I'm very thankful for ICLW :)

    This journey is very difficult, comments help us feel supported. We have our own little "support group!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE comments! They are so special to me. I take the time to read every comment, even if there are a lot. I'd like to think everyone is that way - hopefully! :)

    I'm sorry you're feeling sad today. There are a lot of ups and downs, so it's okay. Sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love Comments! I feel like somebody cares. I've been thinking about writing a blog of my own for awhile, I just don't know if I'm ready to be that open with everyone.

    Hang in there! Sorry I haven't been reading lately my stupid computer is messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh do I LOVE Comments. LOVE LOVE LOVE! And yep, I check my email to see if there are any new little presents waiting for me (in the form of comments). Long comments, short comments, I love them all. Have you seen Mel's series on comments? She posed a few questions about comments for discussion. I linked to her comments and posted my answers at http://foxypopcorn.blogspot.com/2011/01/grateful-said.html.

    Having said all that, I don't feel pressured to write comments, but I do feel empowered to write comments, if and when I am moved to do so. I hope that you will feel empowered too - I know that I love getting, even short comments from new bloggers. I hope that you can find a place that feels comfortable to you!

    Happy iclw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE comments too! Stop by my blog and leave me one! =)
    Blogging is therapy!
    The C's
    ICLW #161

    ReplyDelete