Well, I still have nausea and food aversions on and off, but not something that I can't live with. I also have the same taste in my mouth notwithstanding what I eat, and I think this is what a few friends referred to as "metallic" taste, although, I used to have that taste when I was on cleansing diets. My bbs are sore sometimes, but most days are ok, although a few days ago I woke up and was in pain from laying on my bbs. I also wake up in the middle of the night to go pee - never fails! I haven't slept through the night in the past 2 weeks. Today I woke up at 3 a.m. with a pain as if I've been holding off to pee for hours - and I peed just before I went to bed at 11 p.m. and from what I've heard it would only get worse!
The work has been manageable. Now that I told my boss that I am pregnant and that I can't take the bus - the latest I leave the office is 7:20 p.m. to catch the last train.
Wednesday was my mom's birthday, so I left work at around 5 p.m. DH picked me up at the subway and we got to my parent's house together. When I was with my parents on the weekend I asked my mom if she told anyone that I am pregnant and she said "No", then I asked her if she told t.L, her best friend for the past 20 years, and she said "Of course, Yes! I tell her everything!" and that's my mom! Well, I wasn't upset at her for that, I was just hoping that it would not be awkward as t.L doesn't know that I know that she knows :) (can you make sense of that) and we are not telling general population just yet. So when we got to the house, my sis & family were there plus t.L and her husband. DH was helping in the kitchen, and when I saw t.L she had a big grin on her face. She didn't say a word, but I could see she was happy (well, she knows me since I was 10 years old!) and she is actually very superstitious so she would not say anything until the baby will be born, and even then she would not look at the baby for a few months so as not to jinx it (happened to my sis - so I know).
The birthday party went well. I was feeling good enough to have some food (and some cake - she had little cream cheese squares). Although I couldn't eat a lot of my favourite dishes as they had foods that I am not allowed right now. Oh well... Closer to 10 p.m. I was nagging DH to go home as I was getting tired and I had aches in my uterus and ovaries. So finally once we started leaving and saying goodbye's everyone else kind of got up and started leaving too, so we ended up standing at the porch while people were getting in their cars, and once everyone left parents said to come back inside and get some food to go. So we stayed for another 15-20 minutes - and I didn't even realize how that happen as we were the first ones ready to go.
Tuesday night we got a phone call that the midwifery centre that we were trying to get into was booked for that week in March. They placed us on the waiting list but said to seek other arrangements. So half day on Wednesday, DH spent on the phone calling all the OBGYN who are associated with the hospital where we want to give birth and he was either told that they are full or couldn't get through. At around noon we decided to start looking for an OBGYN downtown (close to my office but far from the house) we found one who was good and accepting patients. The problem was that it was Downtown and he is not associated with our hospital, and that after I stop working and through maternity leave DH would have to drive me downtown in the winter (and yes March is winter as a few years ago we had over a meter of snow on March 8). Before going to my mom's place, DH went to our family doctor and used his charms to get a referral - the best thing is that the referral did not name a doctor so that we can fill in whoever we like. Later on Wednesday we got another call from an OBGYN who is associated with our hospital and is accepting patients. So I completed a referral last night and DH was supposed to send it in today. It has been one frustrating experience. I would have never thought how hard it is to actually find a decent OBGYN in TO!!!
But, today is Friday!!! Long weekend ahead!! Boss is away and I have all 3 days off, without a need to go to the office. And the weather should be nice. So pretty happy right now!
Happy 8 weeks! Your chance for miscarraige goes down dramatically now! Yay!!! keep em cookin!
ReplyDelete