Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7w pregnant - awesome weekend!!!

So on Friday, our baby was exactly 7 weeks old!!!
Nausea comes and goes, and so are food aversion and metallic taste in my month. Nipples just a bit sore, but otherwise I was feeling pretty good. :)

Friday night, DH & I went to an Asian restaurant and I had the best (chicken) wanton soup, and then we went to see Midn.ight in Paris. It was a tiny bit too long, but enjoyable as a few years ago, DH & I spent an entire week in Paris so it brought back great memories. Plus, the movie was pretty light and in some instances even funny. DH liked it more than me, but hey, I am pregnant and have some mood swings.

On Saturday we woke up from a phone call from my DH's brother who was asking whether we had some of his stuff to take to the lake. Since we are pretty close, I got a bit offended that we were not invited to go to the lake with them as usually we do spend weekend together with their family and my sis' family. And of course, as we were sitting down having breakfast my SIL called and invited us to go with them, which we did. It was very hot and I couldn't swim as I am still on vaginal suppositories, so I spent most of the time just chilling under a nice tent (the most useful thing ever for the places where there is not shelter as it gives a nice shade and in the evening there are mesh walls that can be closed to avoid mosquito. There was another family with us, and the girl there gave birth about a year ago. So she was asking me why am I not swimming, and I said that I can't but couldn't come up with an answer, and my SIL jumped in and told her that sometimes girls can't can't swim, so the friend is like "Oh, you have AF" and I was like "Sure" (isn't it the best when others come up with excuses for you!!!) We spend most of the afternoon at the lake and I think I got pretty tired from the heat, so when my parents called an invited us for salmon bbq I didn't want to go, but just couldn't say no, as they have invited us a couple of times and we could never make it in time to try their specialty. Their salmon bbq were just amazing (even with my food aversion, I managed to get a few pieces in without feeling like it is coming out :) ) Then when we finally headed home, SIL called and invited us to go out with them after they put kids to bed. It was around 9 p.m. and I had to take a shower, and I was just so lazy and tired and really wanted to just go to bed, but DH was so so convincing that I obliged, took a shower and we were on our way to meet them at a nearby restaurant. Since we were already full, we just had desert (yummy :) ).

The best part is when we were in the restaurant our friends who are visiting from the States texted us that if we want they can come over. We really wanted to see them to tell them our news (the first ones from all of our friends) as they are leaving for the States this weekend, and that might be the only chance we have to see them one on one. I was getting excited!!! I asked DH how he wanted to tell them, and he said that he would just start saying a sentence then blurt out that I am pregnant and then continue with the sentence. I was a bit relieved that it was not up to me to say it (I was getting a bit anxious as it was). So we hurried back to the house, and they were already waiting for us. We sat down at the isle (the most favourite spot of all gusts to our house), DH was preparing light snacks for them. We started talking and we were talking about our wedding anniversary and I started telling them that we were going to have the best anniversary ever (with the idea of telling them that it is going to be 3 of us celebrating, but i kind of missed the moment and then DH was continuing his thought (don't even remember what) and blurted out that I am pregnant and did continue with the sentence. The husband reacted first, and then they both jumped and were so excited for us. We were hugging each other and DH & I were telling them about our u/s, showing them pictures and videos. They are the only ones who kind of know what hell we went through to get where we are today.

So then amid of us celebrating our pregnancy, the wife (who is one of my most closest friends) says that since we were sharing something with them, they have something to share with us, and then boom - they are also pregnant!!! and we are 1 week apart - and NOBODY knows even her parents, as she only had HPTs and her u/s is not until mid August. I screamed and dance (which I wasn't supposed to do). I was so happy that all my tiredness and sleepiness went out the window. Believe me there was a lot more hugging and kissing and congratulations. Both DHs were drinking to this occasions, for us, for our little ones for themselves. They left at 3 a.m. and DH & I couldn't even go to bed. We are so extremely happy and excited that our best friends are going through this journey with us, notwithstanding that they are 8 hours away!!! I went to bed at 3:30 a.m. and DH joined me an hour later. I am just so thankful to G-d for giving me such great news. As I was in the shower earlier, I was actually thinking that IRL I don't have anybody who will be my due date buddy, and felt kind of sad, as my sis had a friend who gave birth just 2 days after her, and so did my SIL, and now I have someone too!!! It is just so unbelievable. The funny part was that they were very cautious of not telling anybody until the u/s not even their parents, and they were concerned to tell us and wishing and praying that we would announce our pregnancy first before they had to announce theirs as they were feeling kind of guilty to get pregnant pretty quickly (on and of 8 months) and for us waiting 4.5 years. Our announcement caught them completely off guard, and as we were showing them u/s pictures of our baby they were thinking that their baby is also very similar and decided to share their news. And I am so grateful to them that they did. It made my day!!! and week!!! The worst that I can't discuss it with anyone, including my sis (as my sis is a bit of a blubber mouth).

I told my sis that we told just that couple and she was asking when are we going to tell the remaining close friends. Well, I don't know. I might want to wait until the second u/s. We will have a few occasions before than, but I just so want to keep my little secret a little bit longer. My mommy's birthday is on Wednesday and at least one couple of our friends is going to be coming over as our parents are friends too, plus on the weekend our US friend (the pregnant one - he-he) is going to be celebrating her birthday, so now we both cannot really drink. That would be interesting.

Meanwhile, on Sunday I had to go to the office as my boss is going away at the end of this week and there are a lot of things to do. So as we were having breakfast, DH put a pot of water with chicken on the stove to simmer prior to putting the chicken on the BBQ. As we were finishing breakfast, I asked DH what he is going to do with the chicken and he said that he would just turn it off before we leave. Can you guess what happened? DH dropped me off at the subway at around noon, and went to my parents to help my dad with the pool. He returned home at around 6p.m. Hmmmmm, the phone call that I got is that once he opened the door he couldn't see anything from the smoke. The good thing nothing but the pot got burned, the bad thing the house stinks like crazy. So, I called my parents, and when I finished around 8 p.m. I went straight to their house. DH said that he opened all the windows and it was slowly getting the smell out, but then before leaving he closed the windows on the first floor and turned a/c on - which was a bad idea, as he didn't realize that tons of smell and fog was in the basement (where he didn't think of opening the windows) and a/c actually moved all that smell and fog all over the house. So we slept at my parents, which was ok, as I woke up later and took the subway to work. The only bad thing was that at around 3 a.m. there was a very strong thunderstorm that kept us up most of the night, and we only fell back to sleep after 6 a.m. with a wake up at 7 a.m. The home still stinks, even though DH had all the windows open since he got home this afternoon and the windows on the second floor remained open all day. The good thing is that the smell does not make me more nauseous; although we did burn some incense and candles to mask the smell, which kind of work. So yea, having lots of fun. Tomorrow will be 7w4d pregnancy which will leave 8 days to our next u/s. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. yay!..Glad to hear you are feeling good:) That is so exciting about your best friends going through he same amazing event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for 7 weeks! Good luck at your next appt! How exciting that you can share the experience with your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete