Monday, August 1, 2011

8w1d - 8w3d - long weekend

I can't believe it's August already. But the best part - our second u/s is just 2 days away. Yei!!!

I didn't do much work on Friday and left pretty early. DH was a bit sick (got a fever but no other symptoms) and we just stayed in front of TV for the evening. When we were getting to bed his fever was still high and he asked if he should be sleeping in the guest bedroom, because he doesn't want us to get sick too. Well, we have a king size bed and we've spent the entire evening together (albeit our couch is as big as our king size bed as it was custom made) so no, I didn't want him to go. I like when he is in bed, it makes me sleep better. We haven't had any BD since before our FET - I am still on vaginal suppositories and we are both are terrified of hurting the baby; however, our relationship has been pretty great (knock on wood). It's interesting that we used to BD 2-3 times a week and now so easily are doing without it. Some time ago when we were talking with our Rabbi he did mention that if we get pregnant that we cannot BD for the first 3 months of the pregnancy. At that point both DH and I were like, whatever, but now we are thinking to sticking to the no BD plan until we cross safely into the 2nd trimester. Not to say we don't have other fun (when I am not nauseous and he is not sick :) )

Saturday morning (8w1d) started at 8:30 a.m. (of course I was up in the middle of the night to pee, but that's a given at this point) as we had to clean the house before the cleaning lady. We had breakfast at my sis house. DH & BIL went to their friend's house to help with painting his apartment and I stayed with my sis, my parents and SIL&BIL until noon and then went to my parents' house as DH would only leave if my parents would "babysit" me. At my parents' house I basically did nothing for the entire day. I wanted a watermelon so my dad went to the store and got one and we all had watermelon for lunch :) I didn't feel like eating anything else, so I had a nap and helped my brother to play wii. DH picked me up and we went to my secret prego friend's birthday. Surprisingly, we arrived at the restaurant first (even before the birthday girl). The party was nice - it was just close friends so we had fun. I didn't feel like eating so I nibbled on some chips and french fries as appetizers and then just shares some of DH's steak and baked potato. Both me and the birthday girl ordered the same rose wine - so both of our DHs had to drink their tequila, beer plus our wine. Since, I didn't drink, I was a designated driver and DH could "enjoy" the evening. After the restaurant we all went to our other friends' place. As I was getting tired I left around 1 a.m. and took the car, and our friends drove DH home around 2 a.m.

Even though we went to sleep very late, I was up in the middle of the night and then again at 8:30 a.m. DH & I had breakfast and decided to go to the lake with my sis & her kids and BIL&SIL and family and of course MIL. Since I can't swim I mostly stayed under the tent in the shade or on the shore helping with kids. We didn't get home until 7:30 p.m. I didn't feel well so I went straight to the couch. On our way back we stopped at McD's to pee and as we were in my SIS car with kids bought some ice cream, but on the way home I had a craving for chicken wanton soup from a neighbourhood restaurant. So I called them and ordered it and DH picked it up. It was so nice to have the chicken wanton soup, but thereafter I went straight back to the couch as DH was trying to fix TV I was snoozing on and off, and at 10 p.m. just went upstairs to bed. I was thinking that since I was already kind of sleeping for 2 hours, I would have difficulty falling asleep and sleeping through the night, but I didn't. I woke up around 11:30 p.m. and put the last of the pills in, then again in the middle of the night to pee and of course around 8:30 a.m. for the morning pills, and we still managed to sleep until 10 a.m. That's a lot of sleeping for me and I still feel tired.

DH had an emergency and had to run off to the office. My parents called and said that they are near by and I told them to come over. I had a craving for french toast, so I called my sis to get the recipe and she said that she had challah. My parents picked it up and I made french toast all by myself (again I don't really cook and my parents were really surprised to see me net to a stove). French toast turned out pretty good -with lots of cinnamon - the way I like it :). I basically did nothing the entire day, alternating between watching TV and sitting at my computer checking out stuff on the internet. The nausea is pretty bad today, so I am happy just to relax and do nothing. DH rode his bike to my parents and went biking with my dad, and now went to the movie, but lazy me just decided to stick to my plan of doing nothing.

Work tomorrow again (ughh) and then Wednesday is our second u/s. As the time comes close I do feel a bit anxious, but am hoping that everything is going to be progressing nicely. We've already discussed if DH is going to get skiing pass this winter as he usually goes skiing a few times each month in the winter but with me being due early march, I don't think that I want him a couple of hours away from home in February. It is still a long way to go till winter, but just something I thought off. Anyways, back to watching TV. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment