I am confused :( So, ivf.ca has a due date calculator (and all dates in between) for a 5 day FET, and it says that today we are at 5w3d, but the tickers all say that I am at 5w5d although they do work off of a due date rather than a transfer date. I am thinking that 5w5d is going to be on Wednesday. How I figured it is simple (I do love math) 2 weeks from AF to "ovulation" (or in our case transfer), 2 weeks from transfer to beta test, 1 week from beta test - so 5 weeks PLUS the blast was 5 days old, so all together 5w5d. Makes perfect sense - to me.
Anyways, what do we have at 5w3d? Not much s/e - still just a bit nauseous although I figured that I do have food aversions, hmmm, and I actually do wake up most morning with nausea, but it goes away quickly. Bbs are very slightly sore. The thought does cross my mind whether everything is ok down there, but I am staying optimistic based on the strong beta that we had. Right now I am looking at it this way: as my boss is coming back to the office tomorrow, it is going to be 2 pretty busy days; Thursday we are leaving for New York early in the afternoon, and then spending the weekend there and coming home Sunday night; after we are back from NY, I'll just need to live through 2 more days and u/s will be on Wednesday - Yei!!
The weekend went pretty quick. Saturday morning we had breakfast at my BIL & SIL house. My SIL's parents were there too (the ones who she told about us being pregnant.. ugh), but it wasn't that bad. They said their congratulations, asked me how I am feeling and mostly dropped the subject. The surprise came from my MIL. As I was half laying on the couch next to DH after breakfast, she comes to me and out of the blue says that if I don't start moving and walking a lot I'll have a hard and painful labour!!! WTF!!! I was so pissed. I told her that if I start walking a lot right now, I'll have NO ONE to give birth to!!! She has absolutely no clue what is going on and still manages to give advice. Ugh!!!
Saturday evening, we had a birthday party for our good friend. The best part that there weren't that many people and the restaurant was not packed. It was in one of the Russian restaurants. The food there is amazing (lots and lots of food), but the music was lacking, which was actually good for me as I always dance in those places, but I tried not to move much, which kind of made things a tiny bit complicated. However, I am pleased to report that nobody suspected anything.
On Sunday morning we went to see our almost 5 year old nephew's piano recital. He was great! I was surprised and it brought back a lot of memories. Our (me and my sis) piano recitals were not in such a great halls but still it was nerve wrecking, even when it was at the beginning at our teacher's flat. I studied piano for 7 years before we immigrated to Canada. It has been a long time, but I still remember some pieces.
Then on Sunday afternoon we had guys over, and again had an argument with DH about MIL. He wanted to invite her too!!! since she lives with his brother and she knows that we are doing a BBQ for our friends. I told him in not so nice words what I really think of this whole idea and that it would not be fair to our friends that they had to spend time with his mom (I didn't even invite my parents, although all our friends know them much better and they are 10 year younger than DH's mom). Well, DH got the point and after profusely apologizing to MIL for 10 minutes, she stayed home. Other than that we had an amazing time. We spent most of the afternoon to early evening on our backyard, which was already in a shade (east exposure). Although it was over 30C, I really enjoyed being outside and out of the air conditioned house, office and public transportation.
Today, my clerk came back from vacation, and I gently broke off the news to her regarding my pregnancy by showing her a picture of the HPT I took last week. She was so excited! She is 10 years old then me, has a kid of her own and she is a 5 year breast cancer survivor, again she was genuinely very happy for me. We talked at length about my boss (she's been with him for over 14 years) and decided that it would be best to tell him right away - so tomorrow I'll break the news to him. I have no idea how he will take it. She said that he should probably have it in the back of his mind that sooner or later it should happen, as he knows how family oriented I am. He should also be more relaxed after his vacation. So we will see how it go tomorrow. My thoughts - I haven't been a stellar worker over the past week while he was away, so it is better if he knows why. Oh my...
I know all to well when your smyptoms are minimal It can be a worry as to weather there is even anything in there, but you will get to the point where you just stop worrying. Obviously a scan helps that and getting some reassurance from your nurse/doctor is always good and if you bloods are all good then I think you are away laughing. Its a bloody miracle we got to this point so lets enjoy it!
ReplyDeletei'm so excited for you!! i've been thinking of you and will be thinking good thoughts for your ultrasound on wednesday!! :)
ReplyDeleteOMG... sorry I missed this!! I've been MIA from the computer due to bedrest :-/
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!