Of course, I didn't do any work yesterday and left early. DH picked me up from the train and he had the biggest smile on his face ever. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen him so happy and excited. He asked me if I was nauseous and I said that I was and his smile got even bigger (if that was even possible). Once we got home, I called my mom in Cuba, it was 6:30 p.m. and by some fluke she just got into the room to grab something. The connection was not great. I told her that we are pregnant, she couldn't understand at first, and then just said to be very careful and not to lose it. We talked for about 10 min about how she is handling everything including my brother by herself. After, I hung up, DH & I were talking and we both agreed that that was not the reaction we were hoping for. None of our families reacted the way we were expecting. They are all so reserved. I was talking to my sis today, and I think I got an answer. They've been waiting for it for such a long time that they all afraid to jinx it, afraid that something is going to go wrong. I think DH & I are the only people who are truly happy, and all of my e-friends.
We had to go and help my dad with the pool cover last night, so as we were driving to my parents' house, I was reading all the nice comments people left here and on ivf.ca, and DH said that it is surprising that the people who don't really know us are more happy for us than our own families!
Once we got back home, I did finally get to the HPT, and yes! even with no FMU the line was pretty nice. See the pick below:
DH was very excited to see it. We started talking and I told him that our baby(ies) is/are now the size of an apple seed. He asked me how I knew, and I told him that it is based on a ticker. So, I showed him a few tickers that I like. I also told him that it is still to early so I don't want to have a ticker yet, and what does he do (being a website developer)? Our baby tickers have their own page on one of his websites. Yei!!! and yes, I said tickers, I gave DH 3 that I like and he found 2 more. It is our secret place for now. After the u/s confirms this pregnancy my favourite ticker is coming to this blog. :)
So fast forward to this morning. My first thought when I opened my eyes was: "Yes, I am pregnant!!!" The state of euphoria is not leaving me. I guess both DH & I were bitten by a POAS bug, as when we were going to bed last night, he put a pregnancy test under my toothbrush so that I would not forget to do it again in the morning.
Here is the result:
The nausea today was less than yesterday, but I definitely got a cold. My nose was running for the entire day, I've been sneezing a lot (every time thinking about my little one(s)), and it has been very hard to breath. Not liking this feeling. In addition, I am dizzy (and have been for a while) and have been having what I call a cold headache (not really a headache but a very heavy feeling in the head from cold). Once I got home tonight I put for pillows behind my back and was lounging comfortably on the couch watching TV, and talking to DH about our little one(s). I've been on ivf.ca checking out betas of moms who had or are having twins, and have seen twins with betas much lower than ours (on the same dpt), but also seen singletons with betas higher than ours, so for now it is a 50-50 chance.
So while we were lounging on the couch, our friend called and invited us over as some friends came from US. Although I really wanted to see that couple, I couldn't imagine leaving my comfy concoction. So DH told him that I have a cold and not feeling very well, so the friend is like "Is she pregnant?" DH is like "Are you kidding me" Friend "No, I am serious" DH "Sure, 100%" after which the friend thought that it was a joke and started laughing. He has NO idea how close to the truth he was. LOL. However, we've decided on the circles of trust - people who know now (my sis & BIL, my parents, my SIL & BIL, and my MIL, and DH actually got a bit carried away and told our 5 and 3 year old nephews - oie!!!), then our close friends who we are going to tell after the first u/s (2 or 3 couples), and the rest will find out after the first trimester is done (some time in September, or we are thinking my brother b-day on October 10th). This not telling thing is ok for me now, as I have all you to share my feeling with :). Although when my friend emailed me with her great news yesterday (her husband got immigration papers), I so wanted to email her back and tell her our good news - but I didn't. Instead, we went out for lunch, and when she asked how our things are (she works for our old RE and she knows that we switched clinics, but not that we did an IVF & FET), I told her that DH's swimmers have improved and we will be doing another IUI.
I am a tiny bit anxious about tomorrows beta. I want it to double really badly, and stupid "what if... " are keeping me on my toes. I do try to push the anxiety aside and enjoy the moment of being pregnant! I actually want to talk to my nurse tomorrow too, as I am not sure of what happens after. I know there will be an u/s 2 weeks after (not sure 1st or 2nd beta) and how many more u/s they would do at the clinic before sending me out in the real world. I don't even have an ob/gyn that I like!!! I also want to ask her in her experience if she thinks that we are having twins or a singleton. This question will hunt me for until the u/s. I keep thinking what if there is only one and I am talking to him/her as two, would he/she develop a bipolar disorder? I am so confused and want to know the answer NO. as always. nothing changed - more waiting!!!!
The waiting just never seems to end! I am sorry you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for from your family. Hopefully knowing that we are all super excited for you helps!!
ReplyDeleteYour first beta was awesome. I'm thinking you've got more than one little peanut in there. Oh, and if I ever get pregnant, I'll be peeing on tons of sticks just so that I can relive that joy over and over again. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! good job
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!! Finally!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog for the past few months and it has given me such strength every time, especially when I am going through my darkest days. My heartfelt congratulations to you both for making it!
ReplyDelete