I've been a bit on a sad side since I am not participating in ICLW, but I think it will only be fair for me not to participate in ICLW as I'll be away for a big chunk of it and would not be able to comment for a few days. But then I was thinking that maybe I should have done all the commenting in the first few days that I am home, and get upset at myself. On top of that, weight is a constant struggle (which I manage to lose more often than win). It is just so frustrating to see the weight coming down 100 grams at a time through the week, and then have it all come back after the weekend. UGH!!! Plus, since receiving an email from my IVF nurse about thyroid mediation, I can't stop thinking that there is something else wrong with me. So, it was a breath of fresh air when I received the following words of wisdom from Yehuda Berg:
"Reminding yourself of your shortcomings, troubles, and transgressions will only trick you into a state of sadness. And bring you further away from your dreams.
Be kind to yourself today. If that sounds impossible, then ask a friend to help remind you of why you are so special. (And notice how much easier it is to ask people what’s wrong with you.)"
That made me think that in our constant struggles during TTC we get frustrated at ourselves first of all - why it takes so long to get pregnant, why my body is not reacting to medication the way it should, why my body didn't hang on to the little embie last time around, and in all that negativity we do forget about ourselves, how special we truly are.
I started thinking about how special I am and what makes me special, and it is pretty hard to think of a few things. Well, after some thought, my list is as follows (in no particular order): I am kind, supportive, loyal, smart, caring, honest and loving. Here, now I have to repeat this every time I feel down! :)
you really are special, so keep reminding yourself of why! thanks so much for telling me about my button problem. i think i've got it fixed. see, you're special because you really do care about others! you cared enough to not only post my button, but let me know how it went, too. :)
ReplyDeleteNever forget how special you are and what kind of woman it takes to battle infertility. Pop over to my blog any time you need reminded and I will let you know just what makes you so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWell I am here from ICLW and even though you aren;t participating you left a great commen ton my blog and so I found my way to yours. Your comment made my day, so just another reason you are special.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW
Good for you Rosachka, such a good practice. It is so easy to focus on the 'stuff that's wrong with me' rather than remembering the good qualities. We should all take this idea into practice.
ReplyDelete