Last Friday we went to see our new RE. I was so impressed and I am in love with the new clinic already. I just love the efficiency. Everything is done by email (well most of things). I have record of everything and all my inquiries are answered within a few hours. I liked that we didn't have to pull teeth to get information from our new RE, he was the one giving us all information. I didn't even use my list of questions that much. He ordered tons of b/w, which we did right there and then. No need to go to a different lab (my old RE's lab was only for monitoring). DH had 1 vial of blood taken, and when the tech started printing labels for me, DH counted 21!!! The tech also took me to a different room to make me lay down :) yep that was a lot of blood taken from me. (plus I got my AF the same day so, I was loosing blood like crazy).
Anyways, the new RE also wanted an updated SA, so DH had it done yesterday, again at the clinic. He also wanted to make sure I've done Sonohysterogram (SHG) which I had done about 3 years ago for my OBGYN (it was all clear, but it was before all the fertility treatments, so I am a bit worried). I have it scheduled for February 8, and it is a bit more complicated than what I remember. I have to get to the clinic by 10:30a.m. and drink 1L of water 1 hour before, then go get something to eat (and take 2 Advil) and come back at 12:45 p.m. for the second half. We have a follow up apt scheduled for the Valentine's Day - so at that time he would give us our new protocol based on the results. Crossing my fingers that all numbers come back great and SHG would not show anything abnormal.
Yesterday, DH and I had an apt with a new family doctor in our neighbourhood. I did know that she is a bit outside of the box, but I wasn't prepared by how much. :) My apt was at 9 a.m. (and DH was supposed to be at the clinic downtown for SA at the same time), so I went by myself and he had apt with the same doc for the afternoon. She actually spent an hour with me. We discussed our infertility issues, and she checked me out using TCM (I know since this is the same way my acupuncturist does it) and we talked about healthy alternatives to IVF like making changes to the diet, vitamins and natural supplements, and some other techniques that, to tell you the truth, I cannot wrap my head around to even explain what the heck it is. She, as well, ordered tons of b/w and I just didn't have time to have it done (there will be a LOT of blood drawn). She also talked about Eat Right for Your Blood Type, she was saying that she was doing her own research as her friend owns a lab, and she is a great proponent of that diet.
DH and I discussed everything that she was offering, and agreed that we will be following the diet and taking supplements, but we are not ready to postpone IVF. I just can't wait any more, just can't... It's been such a long time, long 4 years, and I just want it to happen. I have my doubts, which I should just let go and move forward. I look to feel comfortable and don't like change and that was one of the reasons why it was so hard for me to agree to look for another RE.
It is interesting that an email of daily thoughts that I got today from Yehuda Berg was: "We’re all at war with our doubts. Remember that. Especially when you are close to breaking through. Today, be on the lookout for sneak attacks from your fears." I should just continue going out of my comfort zone, and everything is going to be just fine...
I'm glad you love your new doctor. Sounds like he cares! I love me RE. They won't even let me see somebody else there. You have to see your doctor for everything. The endo isn't the same but it will be now at my request.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are headed in positive directions! I'm glad you are getting more testing done. That's where I'm at right now. Good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteHooray for loving your RE!! I don't know where I'd be without mine! I agree with Lisa, glad you are looking into more testing. A definite step in the right direction!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you like your new RE!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are heading in the right direction!!!
You sound like you are at the right place! This one seems much more efficient!
ReplyDeleteWhy did your doctor tell you no wheat?! Thats all I eat.
ReplyDelete