Well, I am thankful its Friday. I am busy at the office and the fact that i spend a lot of time thinking and/or looking at ivf.ca site, doesn't help much :)
DH went to the movies so I spent time with my parents. Apparently they recently watched a Russian program describing how IVF is done (what are the chances???), so I was going over the procedure with them one more time. Plus I had a good dinner there as well :)
When I got home I remember that DH picked up menopur today, so I found a package and started reading the instructions. I was really surprised that I would have to combine two things and i need two vials of menopur (150UI) for each shot, and it completely unnerved me. I do feel sad that I have to do this, and I would likely be too stressed to do it myself. Another surprise was that they did not provide syringes. When I took and Ovidrel shot during one of the IUIs it was a pen. Where am i going to get syringes? Another cash grab? I think I am feeling a bit sad and depressed right now. This whole procedure is such an emotional rollercoaster, even before starting the heavy duty drugs. What kind of mess I am going to be once I start the injections??? I guess DH will be happy to not be in my company :), just kidding, it's not his choice, and there is nothing he can do to stay with me, aside from me going with him (which is also impossible, as its busy at the office plus i would have to do the injection thing God knows where? OK, I guess enough venting for today, I am just going to go downstairs, get my tea and watch the program about IVF that my parents watched (we have a computer connected to TV and watch it on-line).
When we buy our meds she always loads us up with syringes and alcohol wipes but we buy ours at the fertility clinic pharmacy. Perhaps you could go to your clinic's pharmacy (assuming they have one) and ask for supplies?? You will also need a sharps container.
ReplyDeleteAnd try not to stress about all of the drugs. Yes it is very overwhelming but you just need to take it one day at a time and in no time you will be at ER!
Have a great weekend!