Tuesday, November 23, 2010

and I am cold and I am hot.....

Well, I am completely at a loss.... last week I was extremely cold, all the time. So I turned on an electric heater in my office and found a second blanket for my bed. I also went to sauna with my mom on Friday (for the last time in a long time - hopefully ;) ). Fast forward to yesterday, and I get a hot flash, and now I am officially hot - all the time!!! I do get hot flashes between ov and AF, courtesy of being on Clomid a few times. I've read through the list of side effects of BCP and hot flashes were not on the list... oh well...but I started doubting whether BCP actually works for me (as I've never taken it before), and I do get hot flashes after ov, and my breast are tender (TMI :) ). Apparently I have a good chunk of side effects that are listed :) so I am telling myself that those are only side effects of BCP and it is a nappy time "down there" - nice and quite :).

On the other topic, or actually just a different branch of the same topic, today was my 11th BCP (4 more before u/s), time sure flies. And I am realizing that u/s is THIS SUNDAY and I start injections NEXT WEEK Thursday !!! Wow, that's coming up quick! So, of course, minor doubts (or anxiety attacks) if I am ready for this. I think I am, though, I called the clinic to get the dosage of menopur (as they want me to bring it with me on Sunday). So they called back in the afternoon and I am on 150units of menopur a day (its 2 vials, but hoping only one shot). I got a quote for drugs at the clinic and I called around to a recommended pharmacy and Costco pharmacy - and (drum roll please...) Costco wins by $50 (for 10 vials - which should last me 5 days including the day of the next u/s and b/w) The problem is that I supposed to start injections on the 3rd and DH is leaving on the 2nd and only coming back on the 5th (don't even know at what time), so I am doing my injection myself (or with a help of my SIL, haven't decided on that yet - my sis is a whimp when it comes to me and pain). DH was great when I needed an Ovidrel shot for IUI (it was completely painless), so I am pretty upset that he is not going to be here, I've never poked myself with anything. But I guess there is a first time for everything....

1 comment:

  1. I am with you regarding the hot flashes. I had them for about 3 solid months last year when i came off of the BCP and now I get to have them again. Mind you they have somewhat subsided since I started the stimulants... they were quite bad when i was just on the BCP and suprefact. The end is near so hang in there!

    As for the injections, my husband does them all - i faint at the site of needles so I cannot do it. If you think you can do it then go for it and I will be impressed! If not, definitely don't feel bad about asking someone to do it. I am sure the nurses at the clinic would do it for you in a pinch as well.

    ReplyDelete