Sunday, November 28, 2010

Suppression - Check!!!

This morning I had my u/s after 15 days of BCP. I was kind of nervous as I did have symptoms that I usually do during ovulation. But, there was nothing to worry about :) both ovaries were quiet and the lining thin, so I am all set. When DH brought menopur from the pharmacy, I was concerned since there were no syringes. After I was done with the u/s, we were luck enough to be taken by a nurse right away (no waiting!). She brought a box and it had all the neat things for the injections - pamphlets, wipes, special thing to get meds from the bottle, needles, a pouch for needles and a DVD too. So I practice several time mixing the medication, as I will be all by myself doing this at 6 a.m in the morning. I've always thought that the difficult part is poking myself with a needle. Boy was I wrong! Apparently when it comes to the syringes and needles, its like i have two left hands!!! (btw, I am right handed) The nurse was great, she went over the procedure several times with me and made me do it over and over again, until my hands knew what they were doing (sort of). We spent a long time with the nurse, and i felt kind of guilty when we went out and there was a long line up to see the nurse. Ooops!
Then DH and I had breakfast downtown, he dropped me at the office and he went home. I had tons of things to do, but i wasn't feeling so great, i still left pretty late, but i couldn't take it anymore. DH has been sick for some time now, and it is not surprising that I caught something from him too. I have a light fever and caught a bit, but it's just overall feel like crap. So, I just took my last BCP - Yei!!! and I am going to bed.
I told my SIL that its the last BCP that I took today, and that i might not even get AF this time since it has only been about 2 weeks since my last one, to which she replied that she is praying that I will not get another AF for another 9 months. I wish and pray too....

No comments:

Post a Comment