Saturday, my day was planned by the minute, but at the end of the day, i felt more in peace than I've felt in a long time. I had my first acupuncture for this cycle and the lady is amazing, she makes me feel calm - and that's important. She was showing me pics of "her" ivf babies and that gave me more confidence that its going to work for us too. Plus she said that I am in a much calmer and happier place comparing to where I was in July (when we did our last IUI), she asked me what I do different, and all I could think of (beside stressing due to IVF) is eat tons of stuff that I am not supposed to (i.e. chocolate :) ), well, if it makes me happy may be i should....
So after my acupuncture, I picked up my mom and we went to a classical music concert. Her best friend's daughter was narrating, there were amazing pianist and opera singers (one girl was only 14 y.o. but her strong voice made me shiver). Through the concert, I was like in a trance, it was amazing. I felt so calm and in peace..... It was nice to have this oasis of calmness during the stress of IVF and crazy workload at the office. It's Monday now, but even after a crazy day at the office, inside I still feel in peace, and I am loving it!!!! Now, need to hold on to this feeling for as long as I can, to remain sane :)
I love the feeling acupuncture would give me, I use to hate it when anyone took me out of that bliss!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world!! I just clicked through to your blog through the nov/dec ivf.ca thread (I'm ashott). I read through your other two posts and I definitely think it's completely normal to have IVF and infertility literally take over your mind. It is all I think about. You are right in that it is so easy to be anxious about each next step as IVF is such a "hurry up and wait" game. I personally have found blogging to be a great outlet and a great sounding board. I look forward to following along your journey and I hope we both get the Christmas presents that we really want!
ReplyDeleteashley