Sunday, November 28, 2010

Human Nature?

I was wondering why we always want more and are not content with what we already have? We want more follicles, more eggs to be retrieved, more eggs to be fertilized and then more eggs to be frozen. I don't think we want to have more eggs in, as there should be the limit (I don't really want to be like octo mom - not judging though). But looking at the numbers of eggs that ladies are reporting on the forum, I do feel that I want more, and scared that my body is not going to respond as well to the drugs as it is supposed to. But, what I read and what my brain keeps telling my emotional side that it is quality over quantity. Deep inside though I do want more, I guess it is the human nature, and being a very risk averse individual myself, I would really not be comfortable with putting in less than 2 embies. So those are my thoughts today.

Had a wonderful acupuncture today (as always), and can't wait for an u/s tomorrow (less than 8 hours away now) to confirm that everything is suppressing nicely and we are going to bring in a heavy artillery :) Since, I am not getting much sleep tonight - note to self: don't forget to take drugs with you to the clinic tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment