I had almost 12 hours of sleep today, and have been on the computer pretty much since breakfast (which we had at around noon :) ). It is rainy and gloomy outside, and it brings me joy to remember hot sunny days in Mexico.
We arrived late on Thursday. I was sick and once I put my head on a pillow I couldn't get up. The check in was a breeze and we got to our room pretty quickly. My MIL's room was next door. We ordered room service as everything else was closed by that time (and room service was included!). I did get feverish and my body temperature was around 37.5C - the worst, if you ask me. I took some pills and was somewhat capable of going outside the next morning. I couldn't refuse a few dips in the pool and the ocean during the day, so by the evening on Friday the fever was back. I started spotting on Friday night and decided that I will not use a tampon as I need to know when AF shows up (I am always worried that I am not going to understand whether it is just spotting or it is flowing full force). So Saturday was fun - me not able to wear a bathing suit + being feverish. Even though I was feeling like shit, we decided to go to the gym on Saturday as well - it was all worth it :)
The good news, this time around AF decided not to play any games and started pretty quickly, so DH and I decided to go to Playa Del Carmen on Sunday. My MIL went with us (which did not make me a happy camper, as she has problem walking) We spent half a day there and decided to skip the gym this time around.
I didn't go swimming on both Sunday and Monday and my cold was getting better. We did manage to get to the gym on each of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Thursday was our last day).
The weather was gorgeous - it was hot, hot, hot and sunny!!! ALL THE TIME!!!! It only got cloudy on Thursday at 4 o'clock, just before we had to start packing!
Overall, it was a great vacation, although I could have used more alone time with DH. Spending so much quality time with my MIL was not that easy since we are not the best of friends (we are not enemies either, but she is my MIL, who can be very annoying), plus add me feeling sick and PMS on top of it - yep, I snapped a few times too many (DH was not impressed), but I did improve as my health improved too.
My thoughts on the hotel -- Iberastar Paraiso Lindo
it is a 5 hotel complex - Lindo supposedly was 2nd from the top
grounds and architecture: breathtaking
service: mostly pretty good
rooms: nothing special and definitely not a 5 star hotel - no internet in the room!!! that was a shocker - only in the lobby and even in the lobby we had to pay for it, but since we would go to the lobby only to eat or for show we would take our iphones with us (and would not carry our little laptop) - so very limited access to internet. For DH it was a harder blow since his business is on the internet. Needless to say, if we go back to this resort we will not be back to the same hotel.
beach: great, but too busy, and if you do not get there very early there would not be any lounges left. it was windy most of the time, so there were huge waive - which I loved (even though I don't surf or anything).
pools: were pretty good, that's were we hang out most of the time, they had a pool bar, a waive pool and a lazy river!!! We did take a leisurely swim in the lazy river a few times (just DH & I)!!!
food: The buffet was the worst ever. We tried to watch what we eat so for breakfast I had a little sandwich (bread with cheese) and cottage cheese with fruits. The rest of the foods was fried (their omelette and poached eggs weren't great either). The buffet for lunch was good with lots of grilled vegetables, although finding some fish was a challenge. The a la carte restaurants for dinner were great - can't complain there.
Overall with going to the gym 4 times during our stay I lost about 2 kg which made me very happy. Now have to make sure I can keep it and make it go down more!!!
I am posting a link to a short video that DH made from photos of our trip (there is one or two of me, but after spending all the time in the sun and in the water, I do look a bit scary - consider yourself warned!!!)
Wow, you lost weight on an all-inclusive vacation? That is amazing. Good for you!!! Sounds like it was a much needed break, but we're happy to have you back =)
ReplyDelete