We had our cycle review apt this morning. And the first thing was a meeting with their financial person - yep our credit card bill will be MUCH BIGGER next month LOL. We went over forms and completed a few blanks that I had questions about. Dr. H popped up to say hi which was very nice of him. Than nurse J went over medication - by the way, using Gonal F looks like a breeze, much easier than mixing Menopur. Unfortunately I will still have to mix Luveris (and not with a nice Qcap that Menopur has). Any tricks on using those meds will be appreciated.
Nurse J also gave me: (1) a big sharps container (not the shitty little bag they gave me at Mt. Sinai), (2) a nice bag for Gonal F but it can fit other medication too (I had to use my little cosmetics bag to carry my meds last time around when I had to take them at work and the meds barely fit!!! (3) syringes and needles for Luveris and alcohol swabs. I also got all prescriptions as I might get some drugs at a cheaper pharmacy rather than at the clinic.
The new RE's pffice is more organized too, I'll have my stims in the evening, so I can do them at like 9 p.m. in time for when I get home, and when the time comes for antagonist, it will be done in the morning (lets say around 6 a.m.) at Mt. Sinai it was the reverse and the bad thing about it was that I was not able to take medication in the morning until I had u/s and b/w and they call me, so a lot of times I had to do it in the bathroom at work - not the best place to mix medication :D But nurse J told me that once told I will be taking antagonist every morning BEFORE I come for u/s and b/w, so I don't have to take any medication with me to work. Such a relief....
So, overall, I was really happy with how this morning progressed!
And by the way - that shortage of Orgalutran that I was freaking out about, may exist or not exist, but I don't care as our clinic has enough medication for all girls cycling at the same time - Aren't they cool?!?!
The other good news is that I opened the last pack of BCP - only 2 more to go. The bad thing - I am getting MORE side effects. Now, hot flashes and night sweats were added to the mix. Yei!!! Why am I so "lucky"? Notwithstanding anything, I can feel that AF is already knocking on the door and just waiting for BCP to let her in. Moodwise - I am very bitchy and agitated - huge PMS!!!! Have been snapping at my boss for 2 days in a row now, can't help it.
Anyways, tomorrow is Friday and I can finally get more than 5 hours of sleep!!!
I guess for you being a nurse my excitement about sharps container, syringes and needles will look silly (especially since I've done it once already :) ). So once I get a "go" on the 1st of April, I'll pick up my medication at our pharmacy and will start using my tummy as a pin cushion :).
You get to start on April fools...is that good or bad? LOL I'm so glad this doctor is so much better!!!! Can't wait for you to get your baby!
ReplyDeleteWow, good luck with this next cycle. it's been a long journey for you, really hope this is it now!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Sounds like you are on the right track!!
ReplyDeleteLots of Pixie Dust for this cycle!!!
Sending you lots and lots of luck!!! I will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are having a better experience with your new doctor. I had to buy my own sharps bin, nice they gave you one! Just started following to see how everything works out, can't wait to see : )
ReplyDeleteVisiting from ICLW.
hi from ICLW...sounds like things are going better already for this attempt. Hope it's your last and ends with a wonderful BFP for you.
ReplyDelete