Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BCP #19 and a first minor freak-out

I did want to write a post about the effects of BCP. I think I am more emotional - hence the freak-out, my bbs hurt and are more sensitive and I get more headaches. I am also breaking out on my face, but I don't know if I can attribute that to BCP.

The good news - 19 down and only 6 to go - yoohoo!!! The pack with 3 little pills left looks so cute :)

So this afternoon, I was reading through blogs and found out that there is a shortage of Orgalutran in Canada. I do some more search on the internet and find a few more mentioning of the shortage. So the balls started rolling in my head. Orgalutran is comparable to Cetrotide, and if there is a shortage I would probably be prescribed Cetrotide instead, I had an allergic reaction to Cetrotide and my new RE said that it might have contributed to my poor IVF#1 performance. So, at that point I have tears in my eyes and starting freaking out. I go to my trusty ivf.ca site for guidance of my efriends and of course just my luck, it is not working. I call DH with a breaking voice explaining the problem and he tried to calm me down by saying that our RE probably has a supply of such drug as he prescribes it to his patients. I can not star breathing but barely. Then I managed to get a hold of a girlfriend who just finished her cycle with the same RE (and got a BFP!!!) and she confirmed that she was buying meds through the clinic and if it will make me feel better I can email the clinic and ask them to make sure they have enough medication set aside for me as I have an allergic reaction to Cetrotide. So, I calm down, and start thinking rationally. My RE does cycles every 3 weeks, so he is actually doing ERs this week and they are probably done with antagonist medication, the next group is my group which will do antagonist drugs in the second week of April, so I can wait until Thursday to discuss this problem with my clinic.

I am again calm as a cucumber!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on almost being done your BCP. I broke out with the BCP. I tend to have pretty good skin so I attribute the breakout to that.

    And try not to worry about the Orgalutran. If your clinic has a pharmacy connected to it, I'm sure they've set aside enough for their patients. My clinic contacted the pharmacy they work with and made sure to set aside enough doses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to be finishing BCP's! Mine definitely made me break out. Plus I had break through bleeding the ENTIRE time I was on them, so then didn't have a period when I went off. I hate them!

    Good luck!

    ICLW #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the US and we had a shortage of Cetrotide during my stim cycle which was in February. I needed one more syringe and none of the pharmacies had it in stock (slight fear) but my Dr's office had one for me. I'm not sure the status of it right now as I am doing an FET but I think no matter what, your DR will be able to get it all worked out for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor you! What awful timing for you to read about such a shortage! Also, birth control is nasty and it could definitely be causing you to break out. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and I am glad to see that things are moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO for almost being done with BCP! I have about a week left myself!

    ReplyDelete