I had a very horrible night. I had lots of cramping and may be some contractions. It was hard to fall asleep and then when I woke up the second time to pee at around 5 a.m. I couldn't fall back to sleep. My mind was preoccupied with worries for my friend. After her message at around 1 p.m. that she took an epidural and then finding out from a mutual friend that at 7 p.m. she was still only 6 cm dilated, I was thinking about her. I had dreams that she gave birth at 8 p.m. or that she gave birth at 1 a.m. When I woke up, I couldn't figure out if it was true or not. I was tossing and turning until 8:30 a.m. when DH was leaving for office and that's when I got a text message from my friend. She gave birth at 3:47a.m. by c-section after over 26 hours in labour, and the baby was weighing 3.3kg. Wow! I was ecstatic. I called DH, my parents and then talked to my sis and a few of our mutual friends. I did tell our little one that his friend is here and he should hurry up and make an appearance as well. My boss also called and I needed to help him to deal with one little problem.
I felt exhausted so by 10 a.m. I went back to bed. I woke up at 12:30 p.m. and it was the best 2.5 hour sleep ever. I was rested and felt just great! DH was supposed to pick me up at 3:30 p.m. to get to our OBGYN apt. I was debating whether to go downstairs and walk on a treadmill for a bit, but decided against it. Instead, I did some laundry and watched TV :). I also looked at the form from the biophysical profile and had deciphered some more information. Our baby's weight now is a whooping 3.642 kg!!! He is a big baby! My friend's baby was 3.3 kg, I & my sis were born at 2.9kg and both of my sis' babies were around 2.8 and 2.9 kg. But both of my nephews (SIL's kids) were close to 3.9 kg, so I guess big babies run in DH's family.
Contrary to what the secretary said when she booked our apt, we didn't have to wait much when we got in. The doc saw us pretty much right away. He looked at the biophysical report and that an apt was scheduled for Saturday, and asked us whether we wanted to be induced on Friday or wait until Saturday and see how it goes. DH & I actually discussed this issue in the car and decided to defer to his judgment. So DH asked him what the pros & cons are of being induced. The doc said that there are studies/research that it is better to have the baby induced when he is not born within 1 week after due date then to let him decide on his own. Especially since our baby is already big, he would recommend induction. So we decided to follow his advice and he made arrangements with the hospital. On Friday, March 16th, 2012, we will get a call from the hospital any time after 6:00 a.m. with the time to come in, but the time will depend on how busy they actually are. The doc actually cautioned that even though I might be induced on Friday, there is no guarantee that I will give birth that day, as it might go into Saturday as well. I kind of suspected that judging by my friend's experience. The doc then did an internal exam and holly crap it hurt like hell! I was squirming on the table trying to hold onto the paper I was laying on, and DH conveniently was sited across the room. The internal exam revealed that I am still not dilating that things only progressed slightly since last week and the baby hasn't dropped all the way. Ugh!! So I am thinking there is very little to no chance that we will give birth before Friday's induction.
After OBGYN DH & I went shopping for groceries, had dinner and went for a nice walk before the sun set. I figured that I cannot go out for a long long walk, and that I need to split it, so I am thinking that tomorrow I'll have a walk with my mom in the afternoon, and then a second walk with DH in the evening. Once we got home, DH was cooking and I ended up spending the entire evening on the phone. The most important phone call came from my friend in the States and I actually ended up spending about an hour on the phone with her describing her over 26 hour ordeal, c-section and how her baby, who I'll refer to as baby L, was doing. She went into a lot of detail and I asked lots of questions because we might be going through a similar experience. Her DH sent a picture of the baby L and he is so adorable!!!! and looks like his mommy :). DH & I are so extremely happy for them :)
I hope all goes well and that the little one is ready to meet the world soon. Here's hoping for a smooth delivery! :)
ReplyDelete