Well the good news is that we are past February 29th and the baby is staying put. Neither me nor DH wanted the baby to be born on leap day, so we are both happy. I had a few phone calls on the evening of the 29th and on the 1st confirming that there is no baby yet.
It's interesting that I remember when my SIL was pregnant, she was complaining about people calling and bugging her about the baby - she was (a) overdue and (b) told everyone the date she THOUGHT her baby is going to come out, and that date was long passed, but that's not the point. I guess it all depends on the attitude. As the due date for our little one nearing closer, I too get more and more phone calls, emails and txts from friends and family inquiring what's going on. BUT, I don't get annoyed. I think that I am blessed that so many people are concerned with what's going on in my life (and some of those people I would not even think would be that involved). As my sis said, I'll find out a lot about my friends once the baby is here. We will see. I think I know my friends and pretty much know who will be in or out once the baby is here.
Back to the last week (or 5 days). The weather has not been that great, so Thursday (March 1 and 39w0d)) I spent the entire day at home. I was planning to go shopping when DH comes home from the office, but when I spoke to him later in the afternoon, DH said that he wanted to finish up some things in the basement and that we would go shopping on Friday. Well that didn't help my mood, as I was already feeling a bit mopey. When DH came home we had dinner and watched some TV (nothing major - some election bs from Russia), so when all of the sudden I had tears streaming down my cheeks, it was completely out of the blue. I told DH that the baby is probably coming very soon, as I already having crying episodes. I did have a few more throughout the evening, and DH tried to be supportive and bring some humour into it (as he always does - his coping mechanism). After the evening like that I decided that Friday I'll take control in my own hands, as I am thinking that the crying episodes were partly due to me being stuck at home.
So on Friday when my mom called, I asked her to come over. She did and she took me shopping for some things that I didn't need DH with me. It felt great to be out of the house. The weather was nice and after shopping, my mom and I actually went for a short walk in our neighbourhood. My sister called and invited us for Shabbat dinner (we basically have an outstanding invitation every Friday, but have to tell her that we are coming so that she has enough food cooked). I called DH and he told me that there are problems with the business and he will be staying late at the office. No problem, I just walked to my sis by myself. She had a full house. In addition to her 2 kids, my SIL was there with my other 2 nephews, then my sis also invited her neighbour with 2 kids, and my mom showed up with my brother. So 7 kids all together. The noise level was high and by the end of the evening I got a headache. Plus I started to have the blurry vision again (which I didn't have a for a while, so it was unsettling a bit). DH & his also joined us for dinner later on, and thereafter DH & I went to his brother's house to discuss the problems with the business. After so much stress, I wasn't feeling very good, but DH asked me to try not to give birth on Saturday as his schedule was full. Told him to talk to the "boss" :)
Saturday we did have the entire day written out hour by hour, but it all came crushing down. DH went for an early morning appointment and I stayed in bed. I had some time to sleep in until he comes back and before the cleaning lady comes in at 1 p.m. Well, she called around 10 and said that she is coming over at that time, as her plans changed. Uh, NO. Told her that the house is not ready for her and I need at least 30 minutes to get at least top floor in order. I called DH and started cleaning. Thank G-d he was already on his way home, so together we put the house in order pretty quickly. We then had a few hours before DH's next apt so decided to try to get as much shopping as we could in that time. Luckily when we were hurrying to the car from one of the stores, his apt called and cancelled, so we had a few more hours to do shopping. Yei!!! We did end up buying pretty much everything that we needed. But I was exhausted. I had lots of cramping and pulling in the lower tummy, and was telling DH that I am not sure how long I can hold the baby in. DH left for the office and I felt asleep on the couch before getting ready for the birthday party that we had that night.
When I was in the shower, I felt one major contraction (it included my entire stomach all the way down and some back pain as well). I was thinking that the moment I get out of the shower my water is going to break and we will be on the way to the hospital, instead of the party. But, everything was pretty quiet thereafter so we headed to the party. The party was ok. I did get a lot of attention with my huge belly. Plus when the people were asking when I was due, they were surprised when I answered - next week, as all of them were saying I look too good to be 39 weeks pregnant (well into my 40th week to be exact). I was actually please to hear that, cause I do feel like this pregnancy and especially the last month or so went pretty good. I am still pretty active, can go up and down the stairs with ease, and overall feel pretty good. Well, lets say, pretty much every day I can walk with ease, as Saturday after the party as I was going up the stairs I had a very sharp pain in my knee (which was the first) and my leg just gave up. Thank G-d DH was right behind me so he caught me before I had any opportunity to tumble down (although I was holding the railings for deal life). The pain continued every time I tried to step with that leg, but was gone the next morning.
Sunday (March 4, 39w3d), DH & I decided to keep it simple. We went out to have breakfast at our usual place, and once we got home we started sorting out all the baby stuff that we bought before and preparing the house for the baby. It was an amazing time being together talking and thinking about all the baby stuff and what his routine will be and how to make it more baby friendly. Then MIL showed up, and my ideal time with DH was ruined. She is very very nosy. We were downstairs and she asked to go upstairs to see the nursery (that she saw a thousand times already), but of course, we said that she could go. I was still finishing up downstairs when I heard her going into our bedroom (which I was not happy about, as I don't like other people in my bedroom, as I consider it my personal space). Although I know why she went. The door was slightly ajar and she saw the bassinet which we prepared for the baby. Whatever... Then followed a slew of questions including her going through the stuff that I prepare for myself to be put in my hospital bag and picking up my socks and asking what are those. I told her that those were MY socks and MY stuff to take to the hospital. I was getting a bit annoyed as she stayed for a few hours with us, so continuing with our activities was not much fun anymore. As she was leaving I could hear her going through the bags that we left in the hallway which still had little things that DH bought for the basement. Ughh... so so nosy!
I know I have to get a grip and be more patient with my MIL, but everything she does just pushes me over the edge! I was talking to my SIL and she was saying that MIL was complaining to her mom that I would not let her close to the baby. And to tell you the truth there might be some truth in it. I just don't trust her. From what I've seen how she goes against what my SIL tells her re my nephews, I don't have much trust that she will follow instructions. I really want my baby to be on a schedule (we'll see how it goes), but I am reading this book that I really like and hope to implement, and I don't want any disruptions. And just before MIL was leaving she asked if she would be able to take the baby for walks during the day. My first reacting was HELL NO! But I told her calmly that it will all depends on his schedule and we would have to revisit this when he is actually born. The baby is going to be attached to me 24/7 since from my understanding the feeding is like every 2-3 hours. I would also want to get out of the house with him in one of his sleeps as opposed to being stuck within 4 walls all day long while MIL will take him for a walk. When I talked about it with my mom and SIL (separately), they both said that I should not dismiss it quickly, but might want to take her on the offer and get some sleep. I don't know... but right now don't feel comfortable doing it. I also talked to DH about it and asked him to tell his mom that we will ask her if we need any help and otherwise stay out of our lives. He said that he already told her that (and I hope he did, but he is not very strong when saying NO to his mom). Oh G-d, I hope I don't have to deal with her BS when the baby is born.
But back to the fun part. So after everything was sorted out, DH & I decided to go to the movies as that would be the last time for a long time (at least for me). I wanted to watch Miss.ion Im.possible for the longest time, and was happy that it was still playing. The movie was ok, the sounds were loud (it is an action movie) so the baby was reacting to every explosion and loud noise - too funny. What was not funny was that some people brought their toddler (who was probably 2-3 years old) to the theatre and he was crying every time there was a loud noise. And this movie came with a warning when we were buying tickets, so I can't imagine what those parents were thinking!
We got home pretty late after the movie, so Monday morning the first order of business for me was to pack my bags, and I AM DONE!!! The bags are ready and packed and the house is ready too. Yoo Whoo! Now only waiting for the little one to show up. My mom came over and we spent some time together. Then I was at my computer trying to help DH with all the business problems (by the way BIL had to go to US to try to handle some stuff from there, which kind of sucks as I want him home when the baby is born, but that's life). So as I was sitting at my comp I had a few contractions. They were all over my tummy, and I started timing them on an app that I downloaded specifically for that purpose. I also called DH and told him that we might have some action soon. But those were short lived. The timing between the first and the second was about 10 min, then between the second and the third over 25 min, the fourth one was so far out that I didn't even time it. For the rest of the evening we had lots of movement and pressure, but not much in terms of contractions. The only other thing which happened last night was that as the baby was pressing on my bladder and I was going to the washroom, I sneezed and actually peed my pants a little. I told DH and he said that we should have bought diapers for me as well! My comedian!
Tuesday (March 6) I also spent most of the day home. I was on the phone a lot with my friends, plus on the comp looking up information. The little one was moving a lot but I had no contractions. The only thing I had was some dull pain in my thighs and butt which I attributed to all the stretching going on down there. When I talked to my mom, she said not to give birth tomorrow as she has a very busy day :) When DH got home and we had dinner, I insisted that we go for a short walk. The weather was pretty chilly, but it was so nice to get out of the house, even for a bit. Since then, I've been on the comp trying to finish up this post before going to bed. I also had a few contractions this evening, so don't know if it is going anywhere or not. Well DH is off to bed, and I should hurry to be with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment