Yesterday was the day that popped out as my due date when I inserted our FET transfer date in the calculator, and since 8 is my favourite number, I kept it as my DD even after my RE's office for some reason made it the 9th. But... it doesn't look like either the 8th or the 9th will be the birth day of my little one.
Wednesday night I did manage to get DH go for a walk. It was still warm (but not as warm as in the afternoon), and we made a nice loop through our neighbourhood. It was also nice to be just the two of us. Before we left the house DH put some food in the oven, and it was still not done by the time we got home. So we watched a movie and ended up going to bed close to 2 a.m. at which point I remarked that it was good that I am not even close to labour as we both would have been exhausted. Boy was I right! BIL was on his way home and his bus was arriving at 5 a.m. so he texted DH a few times through the night (which woke us both up!). Plus he called again closer to 8 a.m. to ask for DH to take one of the nephews to the school bus as it started to rain (he usually walks him over). So I barely slept until 9 a.m., when I actually called my dad to tell him that I am going to sleep again and not to call me (my dad has a tendency to call whenever he feels like it - i.e. midnight the night before, and at 9 a.m. a few days ago). My doc's office also called around 9 a.m. to tell me that the biophysical u/s was scheduled for 1 p.m. on Monday.
So yesterday morning, I got up to go to the washroom, and had some brownish discharge. Yei! It is probably from all the probing done by my doc on Wednesday, but it was nice to see at least something coming out of there (if not the baby). I called DH and he was also excited to hear about it (how little do we need these days...). I did tell him that it is probably nothing as I've known girls who had been spotting for days before actually going into labour.
Since the weather has been crappy, I just went back to sleep, until my mom came around 11:30 a.m. to keep me company. Plus people have been texting and IM me asking what's going on, so I had to reply and had a few chats. Again, happy to know that people do care about us.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty much uneventful. I spent some time on my computer, played games, read the baby book and knitted a bit. My prego friend from the states called and she said that she is 1cm dilated and 40% effaced (which did make me a bit jealous as her due date is not until next Friday). In the evening DH & I went to my uncle's house. His plane was delayed but we had a blast hanging out with my sis and my cousins, and then with my uncle, aunt and my parents.
Today is turning out to be another quiet day. As we went to bed before midnight, I was wide awake around 9 a.m. (I don't think my body understands the concept of banking on sleep LOL). I've spent most of the morning and early afternoon helping DH with drafting some documents for his business. I have been feeling crappy though. My tummy feels very hard at the top and that's where I feel all the contractions, then I have almost constant dull pain in my upper thighs and butt, plus a lower back pain which also is almost constant (DH has been massaging my back a few times through the evening last night). Cramps are also here, and I've been running to the washroom a few times today too. It all points to early stages of labour that can take days/weeks to resolve. So I don't even bother telling DH anymore. I also think that I have some kind of cold as I've been coughing and sneezing a lot, plus my nose is running. The worst is sneezing when having a contraction, it is actually very painful. Plus, I already bit my lip a few times while sneezing. Not my day.
Stupid me was also thinking about the dates for the baby's birth again. And I was thinking that the 10th or 12th would be nice. My uncle suggested 14th, and I am thinking that might as well be the date as my apt with doc on the 13th. I guess we'll see. But then an efriend suggested that the 12th would be a very cool birthday as it is going to be 12-03-12. So now it is stuck in my head as well. Although I am trying to take it easy and just convince myself that any day will work just fine.
My mood hasn't been great as well (except for when we were out). I guess even though I really wanted to stay home, I am not really a home person. I am lazy too, so after all the stuff for the baby that had to be done was done, I am not doing much housework (just dusting here and there, some laundry and dishwasher). Hopefully the weekend spent with DH will make me feel much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment