Today was a hectic day. I had many activities planned to get my baby a slight nudge. I've done yoga in the morning (just found some prenatal videos on You.tube), then had breakfast, spent a few minute son the computer and went out to a drug store, which was an amazing 1.5-2km walk. The weather was amazing. It was sunny and 14C although very windy, but I really enjoyed the walk and it made my mood so much better. As I was walking I could feel cramping and pain down below and was hoping it is my baby getting ready for his exit.
When I got home, I just had enough time to take a shower and DH was here to drive me to our OBGYN apt. The verdict...we are not even close yet! Apparently all the contractions and pain that I've been feeling for the past few days didn't do much. The doc did an internal exam to see (or actually feel) what is going on and my cervix is getting soft, but that's about it. The baby is not even engaged yet. His head is lower but not where it is supposed to be for labour. Given that my due date is tomorrow the doc wants us to do a biophysical u/s on Monday (which is 3-4 days past my due date) and on Tuesday the decision is going to be made what to do with me. The doc did say that he would not let me go pass 16th (next Friday) so that's something and I guess I misunderstood what he was saying about the 9th at our last appointment.
The doc did mention that my tummy changed shape, and now as I am thinking about it more, I am getting a bit scared whether everything is ok, although the baby's heart beat was good and my blood pressure was good too.
I have been a bit down since coming back home. I had to call a lot of people back as everyone is worried, but that didn't bother me much. I just thought that we are finally having this baby, and now there is more waiting and uncertainty. I am trying to see the positive in this situation. I have not finished the book that I am reading, and I'll have more time to finish it before the baby is born. DH also wants to finish little things in the basement too. I was hoping that baby's birthday will be on the 8th, my favourite number, and its Purim as well, but now since I know that he is not going to be born until next week, I am kind of ok with whatever date he picks for himself. It was a long shot to begin with.
I am trying to see if DH would go for another walk with me as the weather is still warm (not as warm as in the afternoon, but still). Otherwise a very quiet evening planned. Tomorrow is the international women's day. My uncle is flying in and my aunt is making a dinner in celebration of both my uncle's arrival and the international women's day, so I guess that's where we are going to be tomorrow night (instead of in the hospital with our baby).
No comments:
Post a Comment