Monday, March 12, 2012

40w4d - an A-student!

Today has been a very exciting day for me and DH, we have an A-student in my tummy, but I will start from the beginning.

First thing is that I am pretty sure that I've lost my mucus plug. I even googled the images to see if it was it, and it looked like it. It was coming out in pieces in the evening, all through the night (as I get up to pee at least 3 times) and then this morning. I was so excited last night that I couldn't fall asleep, and then I was having lots of cramping as well, but no contractions.

DH left for office around 8:30 a.m. and I decided to continue sleeping for another couple of hours until it was time to get ready for our trip to the hospital for the u/s. I was tossing and turning and then I got a phone call from DH - my prego friend is in the hospital as her water broke the night before. What?!!! I've lost all desire to sleep and as DH was texting her back and forth I asked if I can call her, she said "yes" so I did. Her water broke at 1:30 a.m. just as she was getting ready to go to bed (I am not sure why but everyone lately around me have their water breaking just before going to sleep!). Her DH was out, but luckily was able to get home quickly and take her to the hospital. Her contractions didn't start so she was put on picotin.

After my conversation with her I decided that I too need to get on milder eviction techniques, so went to the basement and did 45 minutes on a treadmill, just walking not too fast. After I was done, I only had enough time to take a shower and get ready before DH picked me up. We did take all the hospital bags with us and left in the car just in case.

The appointment at the hospital was pretty quick. The only problem was that the doctor who was doing the u/s was talking very quietly and it was hard to hear him. But our little one did great. He got the top scores on all criteria. My placenta was doing great and so was the amount of amniotic fluid. DH was allowed to sit in as well, and said that when the measurements of the head were taken, it was like 15 cm. Ummmm and this supposed to pass "you know what"!!! Although, it looks like too big so he probably misread something. I also asked the doc if we are still having a boy - and he confirmed that. Anyways, at the hospital we were given the next apt for Saturday afternoon, but I hope that by that time (if my OBGYN will be true to his word) we are going to have a baby. Going to see OBGYN tomorrow to discuss what to do.

After the hospital, I've decided to tag along DH to his office, as it would take him some time to drive me back home. I took my baby book with me, so made some track through it.

The evening was quiet. Mom came over for a bit, but otherwise were just relaxing. Got a text message that at 7 p.m. my friend was still only 6 cm dilated and exhausted, so I didn't bother her at all. Haven't heard from either her or her DH yet, but hoping that the baby has been born already, it's been a loooong night/day for her, and hopefully her baby can have a 12-03-12 birthday.

As for me, still having tiny pieces come out but they are all clear now (but same consistency as before). No contractions, only baby kicking. My hips are killing me, and feels like the baby is pushing on both hips at the same time (may be with his head). Don't know. Emotion wise I am all over the place. I was doing so good, but now I already want him to be born. Thinking if I should press for induction tomorrow with my OBGYN even though the baby is healthy and is doing fine. I just want the whole experience of labour and birth behind me (if it even makes sense). Although, I still have no anxiety whatsoever about it. I guess the thought that the pain can always be numbed with the epidural kind of makes me not dread the L&D experience at all. I just want to have him in my arms and be sitting here and writing his birth story!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment