Yesterday evening was pretty uneventful until about 10 p.m. DH & I just snuggled on the couch in front of the TV and I was knitting while watching a few concerts. Around 10 p.m. I felt first contractions, and between 11:30 p.m. and 1:00 a.m., I had 10! They were aprox 10 min apart, as I was timing them with my iphone app. The difficult part was that I was cramping as well and it was hard to distinguish what was a contraction, and when it actually started and stopped, as it felt like a waive. Another thing was that they were all different in strength. There were some that made me gasp for air the way they tightened my entire body from just below my bbs down to my hips and lower back. I didn't really know what to do. I was debating whether to take a shower and prepare to head to the hospital, but DH was still watching TV, so instead I decided to head to bed and try to get some sleep (which would have been beneficial if we had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night).
It was a bit difficult to fall asleep, as the baby was very active, but contractions tapered off, and I had may be 2-3 during the night. We got up after 10 a.m., both rested, and only had a hand full of contractions since waking up. So don't think that the baby is coming today, although he is very active and I can feel him moving all the time, and since some of his movements are pretty painful, I do have to really pay close attention to my body to figure out whether it is a contraction or him moving.
I have to finish some stuff on my computer and then will be going to help DH in the basement. The guy is coming today to install glass enclosure for the shower, and with DH finishing minor other details we are pretty much done. Hoping this is what our little one wants.
Otherwise, I am starting to get the same feeling as I was having during our 4.5 years TTC - the status quo was that we were trying. We've been trying for such a long time that that was the only life that I could remember. And now it feels like the status quo is us being pregnant - all the time. Surprisingly, I am not nervous at all about the labour and delivery part. Although I do have some anxiety regarding the baby. For the past 5+ years all of my thoughts were about having a baby, and now that we are so close, I am concerned whether I'll know what to do with him. And the thought that he might be here tomorrow or the next day brings butterflies to my stomach. But DH & I love this baby so much already!!! Every time I tell DH that I have a contraction or some twitches etc. his face just lights up with a huge smile and he asks if its time already. He will be the best daddy ever! Not just because he is an amazing person and kids love him, but also because we went side by side through the hell that was the past 5 years. I can't express the gratitude that I feel towards DH and how insanely fortunate I am that we are together.
I've had a few more contractions during the day, but nothing consistent. The baby has continued moving a lot as well. My parents and uncle and aunt stopped over for a bit, and now DH & I are planning to go out for dinner (nothing fancy, some asian food). So for now again pretty quiet, but I guess we will see what tonight and tomorrow will bring.
Were getting there! Slowly but you'll be posting pic before you know it!!!
ReplyDelete