Yesterday was our second u/s at 8w5d. We got to see our baby again! The first words out of DHs mouth when the probe was put on my tummy were: "OMG! The baby is so big now!". Yep, our baby has grown. He/she is now at 2.2 cm (last time was 0.77cm) and is actually measuring one day ahead at 8w6d! The official heart beat was 163 although during the u/s it was going up to 167 at some point. DH was looking at the screen very attentively. DH once again filmed the u/s (the second part which was done vaginally), and we had very nice pictures of the baby. I am happy that the baby is doing good.
Then we met with our nurse who has been following us through our second IVF and FET, as well as our RE. Everything looked great, so RE told us that they are discharging us and that we should make sure we have an OBGYN lined up since RE's office cannot follow us past 10 weeks. They also told me to stop both estrace and prometrium once I reach 10 weeks. Just stop without weaning off. The more I think about it, it makes me scared to just stop it like that without any tests or anything. I don't know...
I was holding fine while at the clinic and getting congratulations from the staff, but as soon as we were out the door and in the elevator, I lost it for a moment, and had some tears while hugging DH. We are in a big world by ourselves now! Exciting, anxious, scary...
I did call my parents and talk to my mom, then called my sis and my SIL. The next stop was an appointment with our family doctor after work. I got a call that OBGYN needed more information, so while we were at the clinic I got copies of all u/s reports and blood work to send to OBGYN. Our family doc was talking nonstop for half an hour and I think I got information overload. First he said that I will need to do some further tests - like sure and some blood cells which haven't been done by the clinic and I have to fast prior to doing it - ok, i'll do it on the weekend. I also got requisition for a big test (not really sure what it is called) but it is done in between week 11 and 13. It will involve an u/s as well. So I am thinking of calling and scheduling it for 24th when the baby is going to be 11w6d (based on the u/s age yesterday). We will also have another u/s close to 18 weeks which will be arranged by OBGYN. There was a lot more information, but that's the most important one for right now.
So now it is going to be 3 more weeks until the next u/s. But they are going to be pretty busy weeks. DH booked us into a hotel for our 5 year wedding anniversary this weekend. Next weekend we are going to Boston for DH's second cousin's wedding (they did come to SIL's wedding, our wedding and FIL's funeral, so we kind of have to go), and then we have another wedding on the 26th. So yes, pretty busy month. :)
We are thinking that once we are back from all our trips, we will get all our friends together to announce our pregnancy (unless I'll chicken out again, and decide to wait after our 12 week u/s) we'll see.
First, happy anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteI was scared about stopping all the meds too - but it was, of course, fine, just nerve wracking because it was like a security blanket. Congrats!!!
Congratulations! It sounds like you've a strong little bug in there. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats!! I'm so glad.
ReplyDeleteHello.. I just found your blog and read your "About me" page. I want to say a big congrats to you and your hubby! fantastic news and congratulations!! I look forward to following! x
ReplyDelete