So in accordance with our u/s our baby turned 9 weeks last Thursday, so I'll be using the u/s measurement for my numbers. So tomorrow will be our 10 weeks. Yei!!!
Work wise last week was a bit sluggish since my boss was away and I had completely no urge to work. Well I paid for that by working both late and from home in the evenings this Monday and Tuesday. He is back today, so it is business as usual.
On the pregnancy front things were unchanged for the entire last week. I was still very nauseous most of the time, a bit sore bbs, some aversion to foods etc. During the weekend I had a very bad pain in my ovaries and was thinking of emailing the nurse at the clinic, but in a few days the pain disappeared, and I remember her telling me that I was still on a lot of drugs. That should stop on Friday - as soon as we hit our 10 week mark - Double Yei!!! No more messiness - no more blue underwear - no more freaking out when forgetting to put them in on time!!! Again, double yei!! and I seriously think that my body is rejecting all those drugs as tons of it comes out and if my body is rejecting it, it doesn't need it anymore. But, I am glad to report that for the past 2 days the nausea is much more at bay, so I can actually enjoy eating food and feel some hunger :)
So Saturday, August 6, was our 5th wedding anniversary - aww!!! DH surprised me on Friday night to tell me that the Family is coming for breakfast, which I didn't really want to do but had to as next weekend we are away as well. We (actually me) also decided that we will get up super early (7 - 7:30 a.m.) and have my b/w done for sugar and some blood cells as I had to fast for 12 hours ahead of that test. So we did get up early and as we were coming to the building where the lab was, I note that that the parking lot was pretty full for 7:45 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Well, surprise, surprise, when the elevator doors opened, I could see people lining up in the hallway as there were not enough seats in the lab huge reception area to sit. I figured it would be a long wait and sent DH to go shopping for breakfast items. My number was 69 and it took me about 45 minutes to have my blood drawn. As I was talking to people in the line it appeared that in order to get in early, they have to line up at 5:30 or 6 a.m. on the street next to the locked door, in order to be the first ones. The clinic opens at 7 a.m. and by that time there are usually about 50 people there. Nice to know for the future, I would rather sleep and get there later. The problem is that this is the only lab in a vicinity which is opened on a Saturday.
We got home no problem and DH prepared an amazing breakfast. The first people to arrive where by BIL’s family with a big bouquet of red roses, MIL also showed up with a tiramisu cake which she backed and made an attempt to decorate with two hearts and two rings. I guess thanks for the effort. My sis came in with her family and didn’t bring anything, which was absolutely fine as I didn’t expect anything in the first place. My parents were the last ones to arrive and brought with them a photo album made to resemble antique style, which I know they had for a while. So, it’s the thought that counts, right? Anyways, the breakfast was nice, the cake was ok too (and that’s the same MIL that gave me a hard time for eating a cookie, ugh!!!). My parents stuck around for a bit and left around noon.
DH and I quickly packed and by 3 p.m. where on the way to our little getaway. The trip to Kingston was uneventful, it is about 3 hour drive so by about 6 pm we were at our hotel. As we were walking towards the entrance I asked DH if he told them that we are celebrating our anniversary, and he said that he didn’t (he never does!). There was another couple in front of us checking in and they asked for the best restaurant to have dinner in and the clerk said that she will be calling one restaurant which was top in Kingston and received tons of awards. So when our turn came, I asked the clerk about the restaurant and asked if she can make a reservation for two of us as well, and of course mentioned that it will be our anniversary celebration. As she was checking us in, I could see that she scratched out the number of our room on the card and wrote another one, then she said that since it is our anniversary she upgraded our room. We actually were supposed to get a room on the first floor, but were moved to the 4th (5th is the highest). We went up to the room, and really liked the hotel, it was one of the newly build ones and had more modern style of furniture. I had a nap while DH watched TV, then we both took a shower and got dressed.
We got to the restaurant a bit early, so went to explore the vicinity of downtown Kingston, which is right on the banks of St. Lawrence river. There was a boat show of some sorts and there were a lot of people and, of course, a lot of boats, speed boats. The restaurant was a bit on a smaller side, but was overlooking the water and we got a table next to the window. With one look at the menu I figured out that I was hungry, so we ordered two appetizers and two main courses. The appetizers were delicious! Unfortunately, when I got the main course the wave of nausea hit me and I was starring at my plate with a fork and knife in my heads and not being able to take a bite. Our poor waitress thought there was something wrong, and I could barely talk to tell her that everything was just perfect. I did manage to have some of my fish, veggies and potatoes, but I felt very very full afterwards and very bloated. We took all of the food to go, so nothing was wasted! The thought of desert made me cringe, so DH just had coffee.
Once we left the restaurant, we decided that the night was still young and decided to go to a casino which was about 30 min away. Neither DH nor I are much into gambling. We played slots and lost $25. As we were going in we decided that the budge was $20 each, so we were way below the budget :). We also strolled around and watched other people play card games and roulette. I was still feeling pretty nauseous and full from the restaurant so we went back to the hotel around midnight.
The next morning, Sunday, we had breakfast at the hotel, checked out and went to downtown Kingston for a stroll in a waterfront park. The weather was beautiful, it was warm but not hot and there was a nice cool breeze. We had an amazing time just walking there and having a normal conversation about various topics, including our baby. The plan was to go for a short cruise around 1,000 islands, but since I was not feeling good, we just got to the little town close to 1,000 islands and walked a bit there. It also started to rain, so by about 2 p.m. we headed home, and of course hit the worst traffic on 401, and no there were not accidents!!! I was pretty tired, but there was no food at home so DH suggested that we go to a restaurant to have dinner. We went to our favourite Asian place and I had my new pregnancy favourite – chicken wanton soup – I don’t know what they put in it, but it is so delicious – yummy!!!
As I am finishing typing this post, I have to make sure I am all packed for our Boston trip. We are going to DH’s second cousin’s wedding. I’ve never been to Boston and neither did DH, but we will not have much time for sightseeing. The plan is that we are going to leave tomorrow after I finished work (which will be around 7-8p.m.) we will cross the boarder and stop overnight and then in the morning continue driving. Once we get to Boston and check into the hotel we have to go and meet the family and will be spending the afternoon and dinner time with them. Saturday is the only time that we have for sightseeing, as the wedding is at 4 p.m. on Sunday and we all have to get ready. We will be leaving Boston on Sunday night after the wedding and again stopping overnight en rout and arriving home some time in the afternoon on Monday, and I already have some work related stuff to do at home for Monday evening. So that’s the plan, we’ll see how it goes.
Next update will be next week, and for now happy to hit 10 week mark tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment