Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some Thoughts pre FET

I was asked a question - how am I feeling about upcoming FET? Excited, nervous, anxious? My response, I just feel completely indifferent. I don't really know how to explain it. For now, I feel like we have a status quo - we are trying to get pregnant, and that's how it has been and is going to be all the time (we've been at it for 4.5 years).

I usually get my hopes up before a procedure - be it IUI or IVF, but not this time. Even DH mentioned yesterday that I am too depressed and too negative. And I agree with him. I guess deep down inside I don't want to make a big fuss out of it as it would make it less heartbreaking when it doesn't work. I am trying to find cases where girls got BFN on IVF and then BFP on FET, and so far, no luck. The girls who get BFP on FET are those who got BFP on IVF but for some reason it didn't work i.e. m/c or chemical. So, not very optimistic.

I am not planning to do acupuncture either. Although I loved it during IVF, I just want to keep FET very low key. In addition, with my work schedule, it is stressful for me to have to try to squeeze in more appointments. With respect to meditation, I'll try doing the sessions from IVF CD that I have around the time of transfer and thereafter, but again would not kill myself trying. I just want it to be as stress free to me as possible and if it is choosing between sleep and meditation - I’ll choose sleep.

The only thing that I will definitely do is stay away from chocolates (that's the only way I consume caffeine) and probably sugar (or will try to stay away from sugar). I also promised my mom that I will take the day of ET off and will stay on a couch with my legs propped up. (Even though RE said that studies show no better implantation rates with bed rest) I also promised her that I'll take it very easy i.e. no long walks (which idea DH liked as he would rather spend his evenings on the couch) and no trips of any kind. I'll try to cut down on me walking fast (which I do very often to catch a train or a bus). Otherwise, someone suggested pineapple core - will try that too, but that's it. I am out of ideas. Anyone else??? Any ideas on what to do to improve and/or aid implantation???

But on the actual FET front - After spotting on and off for 5 days and writing to my nurse an email asking her when is the last day for AF to show up to still do FET in June, AF showed up with vengeance after 33 days.

Today was Day 3 u/s and b/w - so the u/s this morning showed everything nice and clean and the lining at 0.3 cm. The nurse said that it means that my heavy period is coming to an end (Thank G-d!!!). Just waiting for the results of b/w and then will know for sure if we are proceeding with FET or not. So update will follow.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I truely don't believe there is anything you can do to aid implantation. I've heard eating pineapple core and ironically, I did eat pineapple when we did IVF. Do I think its what caused us to become pregnant? Absolutely not. I do think God has a plan and a time for everything. He is the one to say yes or no. In His timing, I truely believe your time will come! Hoping and praying its this FET!

    p.s. I know every office has different protocals post transfer. Mine had me on STRICT bedrest for 48 hours. I know some RE's just say "take it easy." Good luck this cycle!

    ReplyDelete