It has only been 5 days since the transfer. It is so unreal. It really feels like it was a long long time ago, but no it has only been 5 days. 9 more days to go to beta. WHOLE 9 DAYS!!!! and I am slowly going crazy!
What have I been up to during the last 5 days. Well, as promised I have been taking it easy. On Wednesday(22nd) being my transfer day, after we left the clinic I basically spent the entire day on the couch with my legs up. My parent's came to visit but I stayed horizontal. Thursday I went back to the office and had a regular day, meaning 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. I figured how to recline my chair all together so that my pelvic area is pointing more up then down. I am not used to sitting that way, but again, would do anything for this baby(ies).
The kid's father came in town, so as a thank you to DH & me for "babysitting" the kid for the past year, we were taken for dinner at a restaurant on Friday (so I left work before 6 p.m.). The kid & his father were leaving on Saturday afternoon, so my parents came over too, we basically had breakfast which gradually turned into lunch and after they left, my parents and us were invited to our friend's parent's house where we spent the remainder of the afternoon well into the evening. So the entire Saturday we spent with my parents & my brother, and a lot of time with my sis and niece & nephew. Can't complain as love them all to pieces :)
Yesterday, Sunday, had to come into the office (well, that's basically a given - working on a Sunday), what is not given is working until 11 p.m. and getting home after midnight. Of course, I took the last train in this morning as there was no way I could have gotten up at 5:30 a.m. To give my boss some credit, today at 5:30p.m. he told me that I can go home and rest, which is completely unusual for him and practically never happened before in 4.5 years I've been with him.
In terms of symptoms - I barely have any!!! Yep, with higher dose of progesterone - 6 "pearls" per day PLUS 1ml of PIO, AND 4mg of estrace, I don't really have symptoms.
In the past 5 days:
- I had minor cramps, here and there, mostly in ovaries,
- I have been bloated a few times (not sure if I can blame that on the food or drugs :) ),
- I've been dizzy more than usual,
- I haven't been very nauseous,
- my (.)(.) are only a bit sore,
- the biggest culprit - HOT FLASHES - I have been having them on and off, but today it is crazy - it a lot of them and very frequent - I can even see my face turning red. I've been like hot then cold then hot again the entire day, and as I am typing this I can feel one right now (and it is not that hot in the house). Even DH (who is less tolerant to heat) told me that it is not very warm in the house.
I understand that it is too early for any symptoms to come from the pregnancy and most of them are likely coming from the drugs. I have been asking people who got BFPs what their symptoms were, but it is such an individual thing. I have read stories where girls had no symptoms and got a BFP, and those who had tons of symptoms got a BFN, and the other way around. HELP!!!
So, of course, me going crazy brought in the whole topic about POASing. I AM SCARED!!! but I want to do it soon. I was thinking of my PIO as a lifeline to a pregnancy, and was thinking to POAS just before that bottle runs out i.e. in the next couple of days (most likely Thursday as Friday is CANADA DAY!!!), the reason being that if it is a BFP I wanted to ask my RE for a further dose. Then I talked to DH and he said that the whole point of PIO was to calm my uterus down, and by the time it runs out our babies either made it or not, so there is no point of pumping more drugs into my system. Hmmm.... he does have a point. So, then I asked him straight - DO YOU WANT ME TO POAS? He said that he wouldn't mind. I asked him again and reminded him about what happened last time, and he suggested to may be wait after the long weekend, which kind of make sense as last time we spent a very depressing weekend waiting for our beta on Monday. This time it is on Wednesday, so if I POAS on Thursday, it is going to be a very very long time to wait (unless of course it is a BFP). So now I am thinking - Why POAS this week? Should I wait and do it just before beta on Wednesday or Tuesday to shorten my misery. I cannot decide whether or not I want to be in this state of limbo - hoping and praying and not knowing.... I don't know and I am really confused about that. I only know that for now it is still to early to POAS, so I guess we will see what the weekend brings, as the next 3 days are going to be crazy busy at work.
i would wait until next week, just in case. but i'm the type who likes to POAS the day before my beta and just enjoy driving myself crazy asking dr. google questions up to that point. good luck! crossing everything for you!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we are having a lot of the same symptoms...I am 2 days in front of you.
ReplyDeleteI've also been having severe hot flashes and have also been dizzy! I'd say my two biggest symptoms are fatigue and hunger though! I've also been getting a "heaviness" in my uterus on and off since Friday.
My two cents is...don't pee on anything. Those tests aren't a "for sure," so you are just kinda setting yourself up...if it's negative it doesn't mean anything..just that you don't have enough hcg in your system yet. If it's positive, that's good...but your betas may still be too low (I only bring that up because that's what happened to me last time and it was a horrible experience!) Try to hold off for your beta!!
Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete